project "why can't i leave things alone"

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. its been a fun build can't wait to take it places. and Ya been looking for a ls myself. almost picked up a 6.0 few weeks ago. got some bad @$$ steering parts instead hah. Novak makes the swap real nice. I have a buddy building a turbo 5.3 2wd 2 door right now. so hoping hes done before I'm ready so i can steal some of the swap ideas haha.

Well do me a favor and share that ls install with detail haha I've been reading and reading and reading and I still feel lost haha

Nice. its been a fun build can't wait to take it places. and Ya been looking for a ls myself. almost picked up a 6.0 few weeks ago. got some bad @$$ steering parts instead hah. Novak makes the swap real nice. I have a buddy building a turbo 5.3 2wd 2 door right now. so hoping hes done before I'm ready so i can steal some of the swap ideas haha.

Well do me a favor and share that ls install with detail haha I've been reading and reading and reading and I still feel lost haha

• 2 weeks later...

Almost drove it last night. got brakes semi bled and started backing out and the damn tap welds broke on leaf perches. they needed to be moved anyway so saved me some work. got it pointed at t case now and ready to lay some fat beads on it. 

I started on the nine again. got it all grinded down and rear for a final burn in for the perches and shock mounts. Going to move to calipers from 12 o clock to around 9 or 10 so i can bleed brakes properly.  

Hooked up the OBD2 scanner to see if worked and sure does. Had a bunch of codes from the instal and stuff but no major ones. did notice from the live data that my TPS % is way high so going to adjust that.

start of the nine

gosh my garage is a mess can't wait to have it back to normal lol 

The other money pits first snow in prolly 20 years. Been to cold to move into garage to work on it. 

Tonight i plan on burning the perches in and prolly shocks . then I will be able to back  it out of garage under its own POWER! pretty exciting haha

finally got to drive it under its own power last night. Still needs front shocks so that top on list and rear lights wired up. But the sum b*@$£ runs good, shifts and stops kinda lol speedo works to. 

adding that leaf in rear seemed to level it out some

already putting it to work. snatch blocked the blazer off the trailer safely.  

well its been a long journey and felt real good to drive it around. like i said got a few things to finish up so its a driver and than it cage time. 

• 2 weeks later...
back to the jeep its almost street worthy. the front axle is i think 100% done. working on some wiring for tail lights and fans.  I am having problems with my brake switch. the pedal sits about 1/2" away from bottom so might have to look into why but it will be road driving this week. 

also been tryin to get these dang led working properly going to try a curt trailer brake light adapter that has its own power and see what that does tonight. 

well after several hours of trying to get all the lights to work properly i finally got it. i ended up using a curt converter with its own power supply and using it for brake and turns. it had 1 wire for stop and tail and just wouldn't work so i ended up just running tail lights off a wire from passenger side and it all worked. so after i made sure it all worked i went and made it all look nice and half @$$ professional. Used grommets every time the wiring went threw metal. and electrical taped and wire loomed it up. turned out ok. also ran a couple extra wires for rock locks in future and drilled and grommeted more holes for more wire if needed.

pics of process

reverse lights kinda suck but they all work!