project "why can't i leave things alone"

junk yard  find. pretty creative right lol

i was missing the starter and alt wiring harness plugs and a few wires were messed up so grabbed one from yard and a 99 coil. that msd had a dif plug on it. must have changed from 97 to 99.

found a new air box also. paid 10 dollar for it harness and a few interior parts. not bad.

Usually id tear all the ac stuff out to get it out of my way but i must be getting old. installed it and cruise.

also picked up a nicer set of fenders. Kinda liking the flares but we will see. 

The engine is about 85% done. need to tighten a few bolts and tho the flex plate bolts in and add all my fluids buts its all there now. interior should be getting close to put in for last time also. This thing has gone a long way in the last few months haha

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well not a lot of progres last night. I did get i think everthing under dash and engine bay hooked up electrically but haven some issues. My ASD relay buzzs and no wiper, blower, or dash cluster lights and isnt functional. i made sure all my grounds are connected under hood and all the plugs are plugged into steering wheel and dash. ONly thing i noticed that worked was head lights, got alot ahead of me to try and get this figured out. any help would be much appreciated  haha,

ok so last night i got it almost figured out. took my time and went threw all the grounds and rechecked ever connection. I didnt have dash bolted to chassis so that was HUGE improvement. After all the ground checks and plugs i turned key on and bam. no more asd buzzing or lights on dash looking dim. Blower motor, wipers, lights, turn and fuel pump all work now. Now my problem is i have a NO Crank issue. My thoughts are leading me to a NSS on trans or the little switch that is on the cable going from key Igntion to shifter. the cable that keeeps it from shifting gears with no key in I'm guessing. I still have to run fuel lines, put injectors in, run cooling lines, and fill trans and put the tc bolts in but damn this thing is getting closer. here some pics from last night. it was a long night haha. 

New 99 alt, i had a 97 and the plug on that 97 was different so figured id get a new one.

Rear wiring that goes along the driver side of a xj. Mine was hacked at the floor board and trying to figure out what wire does what and trying to eliminate any of the wiring i don't need like power windows and all that for all the doors. Trying to locate a diagram for all that but i did trace the driver tail, brake and turn signal wire along with the fuel pump and sending unit. 

the book i got shows alot but can't find a few things like seat belt wiring and a few other things. Also need to figure out what plugs all go to the fuse block on passenger floor. i got a few plugs that havent found a home yet

Dang this was a good site. seeing that it all works and not dimming or doing weird stuff when i turn lights or wipers on 

put the 99 battery tray in with the temp sensor and also put in a red top

more mess

Tonight if i get off at a decent time which i doubt ill play with getting it to turn over, I'm  going to put in my tc bolts and bolt up the intake and exhaust. Got a new throttle body gasket and donut gasket and ordered all my rad hoses. Got to get fuel lines ran some time soon and mess with getting gas tank all buttoned up and sealed. I'm starting to see the end of the tunnel haha.

have a nice day!!

last night i got to tinker a lil with jeep. Got the flex plate bolts in, got the 99 intake and header put on along with head pipe, tested started check out good. I tricked the NSS and turned over so now on to trouble shooting that problem but over all good night.

See the difference in the 97 and 99 header on that #6 runner?

fits perfect now.

Crappy pic but head pipe on with new donut gasket. stiill need to finish from cross member back,

every injector is cracked along the side on all sets i have. guess thats normal lol

Did a lil work last night. Got the steering shaft and temporary drag  link in so i can move it around. Got the disty tightened up and winch and bumper on. winch all rope all rolled up and hooked to also. messed with the trans cooler lines and cooler a lil also. Should be working on brake lines and finishing trans cooler tonight.

Getting the old proportional valve off the lines was fun but i got it off with out breaking the lines

temporary drag link in

got some 8" lines from orielly today and hopefully i got all that i need for this 

new winch looking good in its new home. pretty heavy set up. thinking my bro truck status is dropping lol

Wow so much for me paying attention to details just noticed your engine bay (flat black) nice touch. Makes want to pull mine back apart and go flat black.

I used a spray paint bed liner. i used it a few times now. its a dupli color brand. love it

done with painting the cab just got to put all the trim on doors and get everything lined up. ended up doing 3 coats and still had about a quarter gallon left. pretty impressed with this stuff so far. only thing id recommend is grabbing a few more of the foam rollers. they do not last long and start falling apart rather quickly. 

final product 

bead locks painted also

added a few final touches to it.

need to pull it out when i get home and lightly spray some water to help it cure. 

cabs like 95% done. need to put wipers on and some other odds and ends. pulled t case to get it painted and filled. putting in the AZZY design 4x4 shifter linkage also. then on to the raddesign placement maybe.

some finished product pics

radesign shifter

some freaking orange for ya. Prolly get to see this a few times while wheeling lol

Started on cleaning up that dana 44 some.  the brakcets on it are all garbage and want to redo it all. not sure if ill leave lowers but we will see. Got the shafts all together. ended up tearing a o ring on last cap, but found some at work that will work.  

pics of u joints 

Full clips are a blast to install

My cat wondering wtf I'm doing out in garage so late lol

reason #12343423 why i am redoing axle . no penetration

hours of grinding at 3am got me to this.  

completed shafts look mean lol

got alot to do tonight. hoping to get the upper brackets in and bolted up. 

got a lil knocked out last night and almost myself lol 

driver upper almost complete

lil track bar  mock up. can't do much without high steer arms for my drag link and track bar lenghts 

punched myself in the head also. was trying to pry on some metal and pry bar broke. chipped a tooth and cracked glasses frame and huge knot lol 

taking it easyy till parts come in.