project "why can't i leave things alone"

i finally got some welding gas so spent a lil time in garage last night patching some holes i won't need and filling gaps on fire wall. Tonight i plan to finish up the firewall area hopefully and start on floors. 

This square hole i filled up and wil use hole saw to make opening for wire harness grommet to go in.

i hate welding upside down on thin rusty metal lol

filled in open area where new HVAC goes.

made a sweet jeep grill emblem I'm going to put on some how

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a lil more work done last night. I ended up cutting off another 2" off frame. GOt the side plates made and cut the frame for bed. Also mocked up the tailgate to where i want it and all that. hopefuly tonight ill get the brackets cut off the 9" and have it under jeep tonight. The axle under jeep now is from a xj so leaf perches are way off and messing with my build. 

side plate being cut down. 

garage flexing and seeing how shackles move.

you can see how far the xj axle moves the leaves out here.

tail gate mock up

frame for bed laying there in place. Going to make some bracket to hang stock tank off it. I order the gen right 97 + sending unit ring to accept the new sending unit. Waiting on my unibody stiffeners and front bumper still but got my floor pans so might try to mess with those this weekend also. busy busy. Hoping to be done mid oct for some wheeling at flat nasty or redbird night runs. 

Got the rear axle under jeep finally. Might need to adjust pinion angle a lil more before i do the final welding on this axle. Hopefully messing with the dana 44 tonight. Might also move spring perches to the inside 1/4" still seems to be off a lil but not by much. The axle that was under it was a xj dana 35 so the perch width was way to wide. That @$$ is def looking better now. Also got my weld in receiver to rear tow recovery might try to get that burnt in also. 

Cutting the old brackets off. they looked like crap so redoing all of it. 

with lot of cutting and grinding i finally got the perch area cleaned up n tacked on some new perches from barnes 4x4. very good products so far.

can see here I'm a lil off from center. It wants to move out some but not much. Might not be a problem with some weight back here. 

stay tuned for tonights project. Not really sure what all ill get done. work 3 to 11 then jeep 1130 to 4 everyday is getting to me lol.

Got a lil done last night. Got the sye all done on the np231, and got the floor some what in. God that was a pain in the @$$. ill prolly never do floor pans again after this lol. trying to get it all the way flush with unibody and body itself was not fun. I finally said the heck with it and welded it. its not perfect which kinda sucks but hey its a wheeler so doesnt matter. 

Got the sye sealed and assembled. Prolly get it cleaned up tonight so it can bolt to trans. Got the AZZY's design works shifter linkage in today. this will be nice casue the stock linkage is garbage.

also got my weldable hinges for cj tail gate in. looks beefy enough.

JCR DIY front winch bumper came in. Also ordered  a smittybily x20 waterproof wireless winch. I bought one of these for my old tj and loved that winch so figured id order another for this project. 525 shipped for a decent winch isnt bad.

Here is my floor pan from last night task. got it basically welded up . picked up some 3m seam sealer and got a few more welds than its done. 

stay tuned for tonights project.

Hello any one on here lol well last night i tackled the lowers trying to get them all cleaned up, also did driver side front stiffener and front bumper mock up.

Drooped the axle done to pull spring and track bar bracket.

did a lil flex in garage to see if track bar hit anything before bump stop. well it does and ill prolly have to redo track bar set up. I'm not sure how yet but ill prolly tackle that when i do my steering.

cleaning up the lower and getting area cleaned for stiffeners.

tacked in . looks good 

Than i started messing with the front jcr bumper. went together pretty easy

i have only two good spots to bolt bumper on so itll prolly be welded to stiffeners. 

tonight ill finish welding in stiffeners and bumper and maybe start on the bottom side stiffeners. The weekend will be busy but hopefully put some time in on the jeep 

yes they are and alot of work getting to fit. and the holes for crossmember isnt right either. The front sections wasnt easy to fit either. alot of clamping to get it up tight with unibody and wasnt cut to go around the spring perches. 

yes they are and alot of work getting to fit. and the holes for crossmember isnt right either. The front sections wasnt easy to fit either. alot of clamping to get it up tight with unibody and wasnt cut to go around the spring perches. 

oh gotcha. would you say its worth the hassle getting em fit? i was mainly looking at the center ones as ive already got iron rock front stiffeners.