project "why can't i leave things alone"

well after that was all finallized guess what. it was legal and got to drive it around a lil. found out power steering hipressure hose is busted and o ring at oil filter adapter leaks but other than that this thing runs good. I did take it out again last night and got some death wobble so brought it back and was going over my set up.. i didnt have frame track bar bracket tight. whoops tightened it and went over the alignment and made some changes and seems to be all good now. Ill order some new front and rear drive shafts from Adams driveshafts in the next couple days. noticed my front one was flopppy at the slip yoke.

its first cruise to gas station after rebuild haha

found a lil rock hill to flex on. still has some left in it

found some mud also. really need some rear fenders made soon haha

now its time to put some miles on it and wheel it at local pond and see how suspension does. need to order some DOM soon so this thing can look complete. felt good to drive it around tho. Engine and trans sound great

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bent this up last night turned out ok for just protecting winch a lil bit more

got the bed box mounted and the rock light brackets welded on.

had some old door bars from blazer laying around so did some mock up to figure out where and what i want to run tubes

got the power steering hose replaced last night and took it out for a lil trail riding here in town. not much but good for testing. Power steering sucks and need to trim my front bumper some,  but other than that it did good.

passenger wheel rubbing like a mofo here. driver droop is decent. 

sucks its at night but decent lil spot that i had trouble in my old tj in. walked right up

power steering fluid made it shine lol

haha thanks/ least some one is. I need to order my damn drive shafts so i can see how it does going highway speeds. ill be driving it around and working on the bugs until i get them . got my o ring kit for my oil filter adapter today so that should take care of my oil leak. fingers crossd

yes. i plan to go with a redneck ram full set up. my box is worn out so prolly get their rebuilt one and ram. my serpentine belt was kinda lose to maybe go back and try it out after i did that and see if i have better power steering. 

well last night i was bored and decided to mess with jeep a lil. I got the o rings replaced on the oil filter adapter and messed with interior a lil

O rings were flat and cracked

then i was thinking where would be a good location for my bluesea fuse block for all my accessories. So i was like well i am not using the passenger air bag so lets take a look in that area. so i decided to saw off the top of the air bag panel cause it had rubber on the bottom and works perfect for a hinge. the top hooks perfectly under the top of dash to. what u think?

Then i started on mounting cb and Radesign shifter. both need wired but i like the location.

yes. i plan to go with a redneck ram full set up. my box is worn out so prolly get their rebuilt one and ram. my serpentine belt was kinda lose to maybe go back and try it out after i did that and see if i have better power steering.

Nice. I basically did their mods to my own box and pump and used a surplus center ram and hoses.

This things coming along nicely. Looking forward to seeing how you finish out the bed

• 2 weeks later...

looks like you had a good first run  :thumbsup:

yup pretty good time. need to get this cooling issue ffigured out. hoping its a bad t stat. i bought the funnel that attaches to the rad cap to try n burp it but doesnt seem like its working right. just over flows and blow new coolant all over my bay. lol  idk if stat is opening when it should or what. 

ive got that same funnel and its always worked for me. i learned the hard way not to put the plug in and pull the funnel off while everythings still hot...

try boiling the tsat in a pot of water with a thermometer in it to see if it opens when it should

haha sorrry wasnt sure if any one followed. I did get my track bar bracket fixed. took jeep to the store and noticed steering sucked. track bar bracket ripped. race season is soon so been messing with the blazer i have. cage will be done soon tho. hope by next trip out. 

Image Not Found

need to check the front dif fluid. i noticed it was leaking oil so prolly whhen i do that seal ill buy a locker and install it. spool up front sucked

• 4 weeks later...
 The over heating issue hasnt been a problem for me lately its my power steering. I have tried 2 boxes 2 pumps, new high pressure line and return. Bled it 40 times back n forth not running, running 20 times, still whines once i start working it hard.  keep cativating the fluid. I tried vacuum pump to the res last night no change. 

new toy

bubbles

got tired of messing with it so bought a rzr and will tinker with jeep more next week. I need to go wheel! Going down to turkey bay OHV in KY this weekend to scope some trails in the rzr for next jeep trip

This is Will I bought the bed its still in storage ha and your on to another toy I see. My longbox mj is actually half done. I just got married so that process really cut into my jeep life but I'm already cheating if I'm pn here! Anyway I wanna wheel with you by the end of yhis year!