Found replacement air charge temperature sensor or IAT

Might be: (unverified)

GM #25036751
Standard AX1
GP SORENSEN 779-19001
AC DELCO 213-190
NIEHOFF IGNITION TS83631 was DR-136W
WELLS SU107 MSD 2320 (includes connector)

It's the same sensor that Megasquirt uses, you can buy one from DIYautotune also.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also the same sensor GM used from about 1985-1995, maybe even more years, on anything with any sort of EFI.  Basically, it's a bread and butter sensor.  Actually, it looks like even LSx applications use it, so it's probably still being installed in GM products that roll off the assembly line as I type.

Edit, the above GM P/N is a good P/N and matches what it should...  Again, I don't have one in hand, and haven't tried it, but it looks like it should work.

Somebody on another forum told me the TBI does not use an IAT, I'm hoping he will explain what fuel injection setups did use it.  Either way the above P/Ns should work without needing an application, and it has been in production for a long time so it should be available without issue.

• 10 months later...

That would make sense, as I have been using a GM TPS on my Renix for the last couple years now. Was from 2.8L EFI 86-96 or so. All it requires was rearranging the wires in the plug. So the 5spd TPS now costs me $25.

It would seem AMC basicly used GM sensors, either with a reoriented pin out or as they arrived. Likely to retain some form of proprietary parts in the mix.

Haha, just noticed this one is nearly a year old, still good info to keep current.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just ordered an AC Delco 213-190 sensor and pigtail from Amazon,I'm also going to relocate the sensor and mount it on the air box. I'll report back with results as soon as I have everything hooked up.

Just ordered an AC Delco 213-190 sensor and pigtail from Amazon,I'm also going to relocate the sensor and mount it on the air box. I'll report back with results as soon as I have everything hooked up.

Why are you relocating it?  It will most likely run pig rich.

Trying to keep it clean, if it runs too rich I'll just put it back on the intake. Luckily I have my R.E.M monitor to monitor the A/F ratio ;).

Trying to keep it clean, if it runs too rich I'll just put it back on the intake. Luckily I have my R.E.M monitor to monitor the A/F ratio ;).

As far as keeping it clean, I'd suggest doing the mods to the breathers on the valve covers.  It seems to have helped a bit on my rig,  I'm going to swap the air filter to a new one at some point and monitor things.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the new sensor in the air box and have been driving around for 2 days and IT WORKS!!!. My intake air temp used to be within the 140-155 degree range during normal engine operating temps and now they hardly reach 100 degrees , I have noticed my throttle response is actually a little better as well. The R.E.M monitor doesn't show my O2 sensor voltage to be running rich either, if any one is interested in this mod make sure to connect the 5V reference signal from the ECM ( Terminal B on the IAT harness side) to the  "purple" wire on the new sensor pigtail. I paid a total of $27.97 on Amazon for both the pig tail and the sensor . :MJ 1: .

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-213-190-Original-Equipment-Temperature/dp/B000C9IMPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496700510&sr=8-1&keywords=B000C9IMPE

https://www.amazon.com/Connector-Pigtail-Intake-Temperature-Sensor/dp/B0115H929Q/ref=pd_sim_263_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0115H929Q&pd_rd_r=BVKH7G2HKE30EV14R7S2&pd_rd_w=ut5A7&pd_rd_wg=ZOLRO&psc=1&refRID=BVKH7G2HKE30EV14R7S2

Just out of curiosity, can you get the REM numbers for ST and LT (fuel trim) during idle Closed Loop operation? I'm wondering if there's any shift in these values. 

I'll check on that and report back :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

Went to install the new GM IAT today ... 

It's 3/8" NPT threaded, old IAT is 1/4" NPT ... 

Did I get  the correct sensor (AC Delco 213190) in the box? Just wanted to make sure before I pull the throttle body and drill/tap the manifold (2000 intake has only two 1/4" NPT ports). 

My pigtail has two black wires, does anyone know which side of the new sensor is input and which is output? Or does is matter with this one? 

Thanks. 

• 3 months later...

1919727030_C219Airtempsensor.jpg.e68beba3bbfed2ea5b1c74ef3b7a546f.jpg

Photo taken from 88 electrical manual (flip to keep the tap side up as in above photo's).

Vehicle harness side:

Pin A - Sensor ground

Pin B - IAT signal

0996b43f8021b542.jpg.5198a7df9c09614f804eebdfd2cae87f.jpg

Here PIn A = Pin 1 and Pin B = Pin 2.

Something is not right, call out table is different then 88 ETM or 88 ETM is different then call out table.

Hope this helps (to add to the confusion). My guess: Purple (IAT signal).

thanks for the quick reply, was doing some late night research and found that the device in the air temp sensor is called a  thermistor and like most resistors has no polarity, meaning it can be wired either way. might be the reason for all this confusion. I'm not an electrician so i can't be 100% sure. i will just wire it like you. thanks again.

5 minutes ago, SinisterNM said:

thanks for the quick reply, was doing some late night research and found that the device in the air temp sensor is called a  thermistor and like most resistors has no polarity, meaning it can be wired either way. might be the reason for all this confusion. I'm not an electrician so i can't be 100% sure. i will just wire it like you. thanks again.

Yes, it's not polarity sensitive.

• 1 year later...

Great information. Old sensor for my jeep not made at all. GM sensor will work looking at specs. Found that the GM sensors listed here are actually available in 1/2 inch or 3/8 inch (I  needed 3/8 and first one I ordered of course was 1/2)  BTW, the old sensor can be restored with a $2 NTC (resistance goes up as temp goes down) radial lead thermistor. Just need to get guard off old sensor and solder new piece in. Works fine.

eamedic903

I am unable to view the reply's...?  Any suggestions?

Were you able to get the guard off the sensor?

The thread is NPT and will measure approx .65" to .66"...will not be 3/8"

or 1/2".

Edited by classic44
More info

• 3 years later...
On 6/6/2017 at 11:59 AM, jeepsouth said:

I used the GM #25036751 one,installed in air box lid 6 months ago. No issues other than a small loss in mpg.

hello,

I would like to know where exactly did the installation. could you attach a photo? And from what I understand the car is consuming more fuel since the change? I would appreciate your response and references. I have a jeep xj 87