To me those just look like bad news for holding salt, dirt and moisture... they will rust your bed away faster than if they were not there.

Is there a big demand for these for the guys who just wheel their MJs and don't have to worry about keeping them clean of road grime?

To me those just look like bad news for holding salt, dirt and moisture... they will rust your bed away faster than if they were not there.

Is there a big demand for these or the guys who just wheel their MJs and don't have to worry about keeping them clean of road grime?

I personally agree...(I don't think I'm supposed to say that ) they'll fit to the bed the same as the flares do...so that should give you an idea...

And I think the guys that don't worry about it just cut their beds and have a bumper protect that area. (What I would do)

I like what you did with the sides, but id have to call a pass on the rear cap. I gotta agree with 500mj, far too large of a space to harbor faults.

The top where there is a big gap with the radius will be capped off. And I'm not sure if I'm going to have a piece across the bottom underneath or not. That would hold mud and dirt...

But like I said^^they wouldn't be any worse than the factory flares.

Just kinda your preference on the lesser evil, rust or dents. And depends wheeling style and weather in your area...

But I will continue to mess with the end cap. It actually doesn't look as bad as it does in the pictures.

Bumper options would have to be thought out though with how this style fits the body.

I know its added work but what about doing a pipe slice to form the corner radius? shouldn't be too hard to slice and angle the two together to form the lower body angle

I'm not sure what you mean. Picture maybe?

like take a pipe/tube with a similar radial profile and quarter it to use as the connecting radius between the side and rear of bed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

any update? I'm in the market for rear armor/steel flares to match the H.O.R Front tube fenders.

It has been extremely cold here and I haven't wanted to heat the shop.

Plus I'm waiting to get the bedsides bent at work on the press brake.

The flares will be close to the hooligan flares but not quite. I don't think...haven't been able to do any actual tubing bending.

The hooligan front flares go about 2 inches lower on the body than mine will. They'll be about the same as the xj rears.

And I'm still trying to figure out nutserts for mounting them.

The bottom quarter panel armor is almost figured out though...

any update? I'm in the market for rear armor/steel flares to match the H.O.R Front tube fenders.

The flares will be close to the hooligan flares but not quite. I don't think...haven't been able to do any actual tubing bending.

The hooligan front flares go about 2 inches lower on the body than mine will. They'll be about the same as the xj rears.

Same Here. -38 on saturday and never got above 0 for the last 4 days. The whole bedside would be good, but spendy to ship i would think. I'm thinking almost just a half bed from the fuel filler rearwards.

Same Here. -38 on saturday and never got above 0 for the last 4 days. The whole bedside would be good, but spendy to ship i would think. I'm thinking almost just a half bed from the fuel filler rearwards.
Good thing I planned ahead for half sides and had a line laser etched on it and bolt holes for mounting a half