Newbie build - 91 Eliminator

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks awesome.

This is almost exactly what I plan on doing with mine. Re-spray, bucket seats, JCR Rear bumper, Roll Bar

I have a red 92 (Sport truck I assume).  It had a roll bar at one point which will get installed after I get the coin for the new mounts and I also have a JCR DIY rear bumper to throw on once I build it. haha.

I plan on doing an eliminator tribute truck but using the older renix era decals as I like the way they look a little more. I also swapped the dash cover and door panels out for some out of a country for the wood grain look.

18 hours ago, Goose_XJ88 said:

Looks awesome.

This is almost exactly what I plan on doing with mine. Re-spray, bucket seats, JCR Rear bumper, Roll Bar

I have a red 92 (Sport truck I assume).  It had a roll bar at one point which will get installed after I get the coin for the new mounts and I also have a JCR DIY rear bumper to throw on once I build it. haha.

I plan on doing an eliminator tribute truck but using the older renix era decals as I like the way they look a little more. I also swapped the dash cover and door panels out for some out of a country for the wood grain look.

Nice! I would have loved to use a really clean OEM bumper since I'm kinda going for a fairly accurate restoration but they're (almost) impossible to find in decent shape. The JCR is the next best thing, looks great and super beefy too.

3 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Yep, looks great!   Where did you get the tailgate lettering?  I need to get some and don't want to get junk that will peel off.

Thanks! Got it off ebay, I think it was like 20 bucks? Seems solid.

22 hours ago, Goose_XJ88 said:

Looks awesome.

3 hours ago, acerocknroll said:

Nice! I would have loved to use a really clean OEM bumper since I'm kinda going for a fairly accurate restoration but they're (almost) impossible to find in decent shape. The JCR is the next best thing, looks great and super beefy too.

Shoot, Ill trade you my stock black bumper for the JCR bumper. haha

My brother just moved to PA from CA so a road trip could be figured out, or there is the NAXJA 35th Anniversary Moab trip in October that I am attending.

I bought the JCR bumper because I wanted a hitch but knew the stock hitch is harder to find than a bumper. My rig is a street queen that will be lowered 2" eventually. 4x4 swap, D44 rear, LP30 front, and 242j T-case. I also have a set of the dark Gray Icons off an XJ for it.

Alright guys, finally got the truck all put back together and outta the garage for the first time in almost a year(!) - turns out having a kid really puts a damper on your project time, who knew! Looking forward to him being old enough to help me out. Pretty happy with how it all came out. General list of all I did to it off the top of my head: replaced all brake lines and hardware, repaired floor pans, swapped bench seat for Eliminator buckets, new headliner/carpet, sourced factory rollbar, JCR rear bumper, swapped turbines for Eliminator 10 holes, paint job, various body work, new decals, and a million other little things. 

Before:

LfX6VCVl.jpg

3yAWm07l.jpg

RGcxsNZl.jpg

tPlJBmdl.jpg

After:

YdGZ9gAl.jpg

gt2kcH1l.jpg

p8Onhrql.jpg

05k8nWzl.jpg

Huge thanks to everyone on this forum for answering all my questions and hooking me up with various parts. Couldn't have done it without this place. Been a fun project and I "finished" just in time for baby #2 to arrive in a couple weeks haha. Looking forward to the next project. Cheers all! :beerchug:

Edit: I almost forgot! Photos were taken at a local truck show, and I won "Best Jeep!"

aob8mLYl.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...