The sleeper Jeeper STREET COMANCHE #59

So, I have aqcuried the very prized street comanche and this will be the build thread. I have #59/100 and have been in contact with other street comanche owners and comanche enthusiasts and will be building this street comanche into a true performer. Some great upgrades have been done already and I have updated the street comanche registry with my truck. It has always been documented on that site and will continue to be. Here is what is on the street comanche site: “I am currently 16 years old, living in San Diego CA. I bought street comanche #59 on January 7, 2015. I bought the truck along with many many extra parts. Turns our the previous owner only lived five minutes away! The previous owner was very gracious and included hundreds of parts along side the truck, for free!! I brought along my XJ to pick it up and it was filled to the roof and then the truck bed was all the way full as well. He had done a few significant upgrades to the truck. First of the AX-15 upgrade which is still going awesome. He also replaced all the fluids and new suspension all the way around. The truck currently has 215,XXX miles on it and is going strong! The Comanche is in a jeep family, this is going to be the 8th jeep inside our family and it is going to stay. It is alongside 1 XJ, 1 WK, 2 WJ’s, 1 TJ and one willys.   The Archer body kit is all in good condition but do need to be painted. Where the truck got hit is still dented but I will soon be fixing that and getting the truck back in tip-top shape. The previous owner threw in a cab corner he got from a fellow CC member and I will soon be getting that all squared away. As for the bed it can be punched out and all the marks will most likely buff out. When all the dents are out The whole truck and fenders will be going to get painted a similar color to #54 gray but matte. The rims might be upgraded or painted. Most likely black. ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS WILL BE KEPT AND STORED SAFELY. The rear of the truck sits a bit high and is kind of rough, so I will most likely just take out one of the springs in the packs. The bed has a plastic in laying liner but will be replaced with an actual spray on bed liner. With all that the exterior will be taken care of. The interior is in fair condition but needs some work. The steering is in good condition but the jeep center bump needs to be mounted. The ignition cylinder was worn smooth so that got replaced. The door locks are sticky and will be getting replaced. I got all new keys made. The center console in in good condition with one minor crack. Shifter and emergency brake are just fine. The passenger seat had broken but I had taken it to get the frame fixed and made even stronger. The windows will be tinted very soon. It did not come with a stereo so that is on the list. A new head unit, new speakers, and even a subwoofer in that tiny cab! Next then drivetrain… this is the most of the upgrades will be. Its gonna start off with a cold air intake snorkel style but doesn't protrude out the side. Instead it goes through the firewall and sits right under the wiper motors. The injectors and fuel rails will all be upgraded to Bosch’s. I will have a custom fabrication done to the exhaust via an exhaust officionado nearby. It will be flowmaster of course. I might throw in a throttle body, maybe not, due to speculation. The tranny is good but if it ever comes time for a new clutch an upgraded one is in store for the amazing AX-15. The rear axle will be converted to an AMC-20 SINGLE tube desing. AMC-20’s typically are two piece and that's what caused them to be bad. The single piece axles are stronger and I will never need to worry about anything breaking. (Info on that to previous owner and CC member MJREMI) The axle has a limited slip 4:10 differential with all new axle. The whole axle was built by MJREMI and he said he had all new diffs axles and brakes installed. Which leads me to brakes. This will be converted to a YJ master cylinder which is an upgrade due to dual diaphragms within. The rear axle was built with oversized pads and drums to stop easier. The front axle will be getting new drilled and slotted rotors along with some nice pads. The calipers will be plenty strong already because of the new Master cylinder. After all this is done I will look into stroker kits and upgrading the suspension to work on streets a little better. If there are any questions about my Comanche feel free to PM me on CC @1998xjome. Thank you!!

Pictures and updates will be put up whenever something is done. thanks you feel free to comment on upgrades or tips for me or just general discussion. :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds awesome man! What do you plan to do for performance?

Def need some pics.

I'm a "street jeep" guy myself, not my MJ, but still a Jeep!

Mostly bolt ons nothing too fancy. Intake, fuel system, exhaust and eventually a stroker. Its a daily driver so it isnt gonna be super intense. I have the axle and brakes ready to go on. The suspension I have already tuned and its driving straight so its gonna need new tires and thats what I have ub mind so far. But open to tips :) Still trying to find out how to post pictures, if anyone has tips on that lemme know, I'm a newbie here. But here is the current state of the truck:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8a1ztA-G94mRFNBYXlxRlpRTTQ/view?usp=sharing

Fyi - if you have a stock AMC 20, it is already a one piece shaft design, only the CJ's got the two piece shafts.

It was stock off of a comanche is what MJREMI told me. But either way whatever it was got rebuilt and is now one piece and painted with oversized brakes and 4:10s with limited slip. All new oils and everything. It is a very pretty axle. I will put up a picture of it soon. It will be going on the truck soon as well. 

Little update. The sound system was ordered today. It was a really big purchase and is borderline ridiculous. I don't settle for the bottom line stuff. :( Its all alpine top of the line stuff, the white xj in the pictures has a similar setup as well. The comanche will be getting the axles and breakes done soon, its just that black grand cherokee is taking up the garage right now bieng converted to an srt8. After all, all jeeps are projects :)

looking good man. Did you get a sub-woofer box? I'm still looking for one that will look good, and fit.

On the GC, SRT build, what you guys tossing in there? I built a 6.1 based 420ci HEMI awhile ago, for my RAM 4X4. Insane fun :) I'm sure that GC will be a blast too!

I'm having a sub box built. My cousin does car audio professionally.the GC will be getting a stroker probably a 420 as well, it has already been lowered with eibach and bilstiens. It's gonna be fast. The sub box on the Comanche will fit a 12 behind the seat, an Alpine type r

I'm having a sub box built. My cousin does car audio professionally.the GC will be getting a stroker probably a 420 as well, it has already been lowered with eibach and bilstiens. It's gonna be fast. The sub box on the Comanche will fit a 12 behind the seat, an Alpine type r

To anyone following the build. I just took a whole new set of pictures of the Comanche and some parts mjremi gave me. I updated the grill and put wheel spacers on the back to make it sit a bit nicer. This weekend new injectors and fuel injection harness are going in. Next weekend is stereo, weekend after that is full custom Flowmaster exhaust . still can't figure out how to post pics so Here's a link to the pics https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B8a1ztA-G94mYWNlMXJaeTItdTA/edit

That does look sweet! I was thinking dual side exhaust coming out right in front of the rear tires. But my local exhaust shop has done both of those other Jeeps and he's a exhaust guru and I usually sit down for an hour to talk to him about sound versus performance. On the black GC he custom made me a Flowmaster exhaust that added close to twenty horsepower but that is also helped by the cold air intake. With the Comanche my whole theme is Street Rod, I live in California and go through twisty turns all the time and I want it to be sticky snd perform great, since I fixed the ride hight it handles amazing snd no matter how hard I try to break it loose I can't. So I'll update with pics and seat of the pants dyno soon!