The sleeper Jeeper STREET COMANCHE #59

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good. don't know if i personally like the tweeter location, but it could grow on me.  I do like the mids in the door, though. Really looking forward to seeing the sub box.

I was looking at the suspension, and noticed the use of lowering blocks. is that original to these type of Comanche? I'm not a big fan of blocks, for lift or lowering. But may not be an issue in that application.  If they lowered it that much, I wonder how they dealt with the rear brake valve. Like using a shorter lever? Maybe you can post a picture of the rear valve.

looking good. don't know if i personally like the tweeter location, but it could grow on me.  I do like the mids in the door, though. Really looking forward to seeing the sub box.

I was looking at the suspension, and noticed the use of lowering blocks. is that original to these type of Comanche? I'm not a big fan of blocks, for lift or lowering. But may not be an issue in that application.  If they lowered it that much, I wonder how they dealt with the rear brake valve. Like using a shorter lever? Maybe you can post a picture of the rear valve.

So that lowering block was on the truck when it was with the previous owner. I do not know if it was stock or not. It was not there when I bought the truck. It had stock springs and it rode rough and sat a bit high so I took one leaf out of each side and it has all brand new shocks on it. Ill post a pic of the rear valve later. The tweeter location was kinda me thinking about trying to be ingenius and thats as long as the tweeter wire was anyway. It was either there or cutting into the leather on the door pannel and cutting a hole in the sheet metal. The handle was plastic and pretty easy to carve out. The mids are 6.5 inches and didnt need to shave the metal at all, just had to cut out the panel a little bit. The sub box is in jeapordy right now, Funds got tight when I had to buy two alpine amps and I think I am gonna have to get a prefab box for now. But ill update it soon when I figure it out.

Guys, I might have to sell the Jeep so soon. I don't want to make excuses or disapoint anybody. Life is getting in the way of the truck. I really do not want to get rid of the truck but I think I have to. I had very bad timing with the purchase and it was not what I intended. When I was looking for a comanche I was looking to make a prerunner type truck. And the the Street Comanche fell onto my plate, and as you know I was going to fix it up to what it should be. And the thought also crossed my mind to make a prerunner out of the Street Comcanche. But, I couldnt gather the nuts to do that. The whole club would be out to kill me. So then the thought to sell it or trade it for a regular comanche to build the prerunner I wanted, and thats when it took another turn. I go to a really high privelaged school and its very hard to get into, and somehow my sister got lucky and got in as well. she was #11 of 1300 kids that applied and now I will be having to carpool her around. The comanche would have been fine for that, but I also have another person I am carpooling so I need more space. This is really hard on me already because I had wanted this truck for years. I dreamt about having one, and having one for only weeks is the worst thing I could have thought to happen. But as many as you will agree family is more important than cars, new oppurtunities will open up and all will be well. Now you might ask why I don't sell the white or black one, well fankly there is too much money in those to ever lose, it makes most sense to sell the comanche. So, I am not rushing to sell the comanche, but I am taking offers now. I do have two offers lined up and will be taking the highest offer. PM me your offer and I will let you guys know when a 2 week deadline will be put active. There are two offers already on the table to people who will not be mentined. there offers will be the "reserve" price and I must say they are pretty good offers. The truck will come as is, running, driving, and in all its glory. It will come with the body kit, speakers, and the other upgrades I have done. (injectors, fuel system o-rings, fixed seat, new spark plugs, new e-brake cable, and the cab corner to fix the dent) I will hopefully be picking up another jeep but am still looking around. I will most likely not do a trade excpet for a 2-door auto XJ that either has work or there is cash on top. any newer jeeps, preferably 2000-current, any american cars pretty new. The new car will be the car I take to college, so I need to buy or trade for something reliable and roomy and preferably fast. I really do not want to sell it and see it go to somebody who won't appreciate it as much as me. Niether would the old owners. This truck is amazing and drives like a dream. Please note, I will not pay for shipping, no returns, It is a used car, it does pass smog and just did last month, I will not deliver in excess of 30 miles (I'm in san diego). I have pink and registration on hand and am in no rush to sell. Thank you and best of luck. 

Okay guys, I was gonna wait but I couldnt. So I no longer am selling it. I figured my stuff out and can keep it now. The sound system is done subwoofer and all. The exhaust is going on this weekend. And other big news. I got srt8 rims for my WK so the wrangler rubicon rims that are powder coated gun metal gray will be going onto the comanche. The dent is definitely on priority list just need to find time to do it. 

You do know that the horizontal grill was a Street MJ factory part, right?

I was not aware of this, does that mean the grille I do not want on my heep is actually worth something? 

Sorry, for any OT.

Your grill could be a JCW part or a factory part. It's value is what someone is willing to pay for it. With the mini truck trend going away, it is worth nothing unless you can prove it was a factory Street MJ grill. Then your market is limited still.

Just a idea...AWD comanche for street? AX-15 will bolt onto  NP/NV242 and 249 which are both capable to do all time all wheel drive and will send 100% of power to front or rear as needed. Will also be putting dana 35 up front. Since its a street comanche mine as well....?

The 249 is a pile. The vicious coupler goes out all the time and they cost more than a transfer case to replace. The 242 is a good transfer and will work fine. Good luck finding a D35 for the front.

Why would you want to do this to such a rare truck? Get a different truck to rice out.