what should I do?

thejim42

After this week I will have an 86 long bed chassis stripped down to nothing. What should I do with it? I'm thinking its a perfect candidate for a 5.9 zj v8 transplant and 97+ xj interior. or any xj interior really. Any thoughts or opinions? I gotta do something with it because I don't have the heart to roll it over the scales.

As always, if you got the doe-ray-me the skies the limit as to what you can do. V8 MJs are always a crowd pleaser, but can get costly quickly. FWIW, I would kill to see somebody put a 454 or a 383 into an MJ. No matter what you do, unless its something that the truck came with from the factory (2.5 or 2.8) its gonna cost several thousand. Just make sure to take lots of pictures.

I would do something unique with it if you have the money and Time...

I am currently dong a 4.0L- 4.7L stroker and Supercharged with my current truck and I plan on doing a Newer 5.7 Hemi Swap one day in the near future but not necessarily with the same truck...

Only way I would go Chevy is If I had an 86 like yours since that's what likely came in it anyways but maybe the 3800 Supercharged V6 not a big V8,

as I already have just about everything to do the 3800 swap but its stored away till I find a Nice 86...

If I decide to keep it ill probably do something similar to black betty. 5.9 magnum v8, with the older h.o dash. Don't know about trans yet. With that big of a motor in a small truck I'd want a stick but at the same time I wouldn't mind an automatic

I don't know anybody that has put a V8 in a Cherokee or Comanche and doesn't have cooling problems. If anybody has successfully tackled that issue, please post up. One guy I know gave up when a $300 aluminum radiator with 3 electric fans still didn't do it.

A BT4 diesel always piques people's curiosity, but they are not easily come by anymore, and to fit a twin turbo set up you have to cut a hole in the hood to clear the 2nd turbo. Stroker's are common enough to be nothing special anymore.

I do know a few TJs locally that run a supercharger on a stock 4.0. A supercharger on a stroker would be cool.

I have a 3 core aluminum raditor, a single 15" electric fan on a shroud and have let the truck idle and pulled itself around on the front axle and have had no over heating issues. I think where they mess up is not running a shroud. My radiator is for a 55-57 Chevy.

My 350 chevy motor never is over 180 degrees in town driving.  On the highway at 70 mph over time on a hot summer can get to 200 but I do have a small pusher fan in front that I can turn on with a switch but I do not run the pusher fan in the town.  My transmission is truck 4 speed SM465 so I have no overdrive.  I have the Novak radiator and fan and guard from an 87 comanche that was a 4 cylinder.  The 87 had the older clockwise fan and old style belt/pullys.  The fan clutch is new and for an 87 clockwise fan.  The 88 fan I tried first was a counter clockwise fan and had serpentine belt.  That did not work and got hot in the city driving.  It is important to know fan direction for both mechanical and electrical and push or pull direction for electrical.1836863_662913847155248_3907878569368658

• 2 weeks later...