Well Today Is Finally Here

Mjobession

Been waiting all winter to see my newest toy/project. It is in a friends garage in his backyard and the snow is almost gone. He said once the snow is gone that I can finally see it for the first time. But after a little bit of persuasion I can go check it out today. Can't wait!

your entire life has been leading up to today.......quite literally

Ya pretty much lol. I'm just excited because its going to be my first Comanche and that its what I've been looking for, for the past 3 years now

Well went and seen it today. Its got a little bit more rust then I thought and the price is still undecided but won't be cheap, he wants around $2200 for just the truck alone and not including the MANY MANY parts. Photos to come, just waiting for Photobucket to finish up.

There is no way in hell I'd pay more than $600 for that truck. You will have more time and money tied up in that rusted mess than it will ever be worth.

You seriously need to rethink buying that truck or get him to lower the price about $1500.

Sorry for being a jerk but that truck is a pile.

Oh I know. He is starting to put all the parts together and adding them up...... he paid $1800 for it when he bought it. I wish it was in better shape or like you guys said $600. I was a disappointed when I seen the shape its in, if I would of known it was in this shape when he first brought it up then I would've said no. So far this is what he has for parts that I know; extra box, complete axles, standard transmission, fenders doors, hood, rustys 3" lift, jks lift shackles, bushwacker fender flares (new), 88 4.0l, 2 complete interiors, and more but that still doesn't make up for the amount of rust. He claims it to be a 91 with a 4.0l HO and obviously a LWB but still...... need your inputs guys. And what you guys would value it at.You won't hurt my feelings so don't worry. I got around 2 before I get back from my vacation and by then he will have a price for everything

i paid $300. for this one. sold it for 800, if that gives you any idea ...and it came with a bunch of stuff too.  bush bar, canopy, header, d44,  plus another $300. for the grey one, which also came with a bunch of goodies.

Iei3R8Z.jpg

WCdJN3e.jpg

Yeah...I would only touch that for 600 because of all the extra parts and it's a long bed, and the fact that I know I could fix everything...but I wouldn't want to. Sorry bud, that friend isn't so much a friend. Here's a test though: hop in the bed and jump up and down. If rust-piles drop, definitely no. If you're willing to go to all the money and effort to restore it though, good on yah and good luck.

Atleast all you guys are honest about it. Like I said I was disappointed when I seen it for the first time. The oil filter scared me worse to be honest haha. I'm going down to Alabama on Saturday for a faimly trip so hopefully I will be able to find something down there with cash in hand. Honestly it sucks because all the parts that he has are hard to find but the truck is worth its weight in scrap

The parts he has a a dime a dozen. I threw away 3 complete interiors when I moved. If the interiors were complete black interiors than they would be sought after parts. A D30 is nothing special, a AX-15 is ok, a rusted bed is worth nothing, I wouldn't run a cRusty's lift he they paid me, an HO swap is easy to do on a Renix truck.

There is nothing on that truck that is worth more than a few hundred dollars. It is a junker and you don't want it. There is a reason he is selling. He is seeing you as a sucker and is about to screw you over to make up for his bad choice to buy it in the first place.

Trucks in the south are easy to find, 90% rust free and cheap.

DO NOT BUY THAT TRUCK!

The parts he has a a dime a dozen. I threw away 3 complete interiors when I moved. If the interiors were complete black interiors than they would be sought after parts. A D30 is nothing special, a AX-15 is ok, a rusted bed is worth nothing, I wouldn't run a cRusty's lift he they paid me, an HO swap is easy to do on a Renix truck.

There is nothing on that truck that is worth more than a few hundred dollars. It is a junker and you don't want it. There is a reason he is selling. He is seeing you as a sucker and is about to screw you over to make up for his bad choice to buy it in the first place.

Trucks in the south are easy to find, 90% rust free and cheap.

DO NOT BUY THAT TRUCK!

Believe me I wasn't going to after I seen it, don't worry. The only reason I asked how much he wants for it is because he said he was taking a huge loss so I figured he would want next to nothing for it.......... But as I can tell it was worth its weight in scrap. The only reason why I liked that truck is because its already setup (the lift is garbage I know, that's why I started a thread asking for good lifts and for a low price). I've already been searching down south for trucks and like what i see so far. My dream MJ would be a LWB 4x4 with a H.O 4.0L, dana 44 front and 9 inch rear with a decent amount of lift and meaty tires. Of course I'll be building it but I have been trying to find a truck worth my while lately with no such luck. Just like Hornbrod said, that is a average comanche around here. Other vehicles are way better shape but no such luck with these. Can't wait till saturday now!!!

Do *not* settle for that truck unless you can get it for like $500. Do like I did, put a want-ad in Kijiji looking for a Comanche. That's how I found mine, the guy didn't list it for sale publicly so I had to compete with no one for it, he literally "held it" for me to come look.