Well Today Is Finally Here

Mjobession

Since you mention the price of $2200,,,,,,,,I was looking at this because it is the same MJ as mine (but in rougher shape).......same price 25% the rust and it comes with a '98 XJ Donor......FYI it has been for sale for a couple of months with no buyer......I would offer him $1000 for the pair

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/winnipeg/1987-jeep-comanche-project/583647563?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Since you mention the price of $2200,,,,,,,,I was looking at this because it is the same MJ as mine (but in rougher shape).......same price 25% the rust and it comes with a '98 XJ Donor......FYI it has been for sale for a couple of months with no buyer......I would offer him $1000 for the pair

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/winnipeg/1987-jeep-comanche-project/583647563?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I would do it in a heart beat but its a 14 hour drive for me. I put up a ad in the wanted section here so hopefully I can see what you guys have to offer. I wish that person was closer to me otherwise I would buy it

There is no viable "feel" of difference between h.o. And renix. There is certainly. Ugh to be said about the renix cam shafts and their lift duration increasing low end torque, at lower rpm than the hp to torque curve on an h.o.....but that is as simple as a cam swap. Really, it's just remedial mechanics.

I will take an h.o. And it's simplicity as well as parts availability and interchangeability over renix any day. The Renault/bendix system was used for a wopping 3 years before the h.o. Came in...and much of the h.o. Did not change for the better part of a decade, as far as function and required voltages of the sensors. Frankly, the h.o. Opens you to an obd2 swap, which is one hell of a step up for ease of maintenance to the lay mechanic.

There is no viable "feel" of difference between h.o. And renix. There is certainly. Ugh to be said about the renix cam shafts and their lift duration increasing low end torque, at lower rpm than the hp to torque curve on an h.o.....but that is as simple as a cam swap. Really, it's just remedial mechanics.

I will take an h.o. And it's simplicity as well as parts availability and interchangeability over renix any day. The Renault/bendix system was used for a wopping 3 years before the h.o. Came in...and much of the h.o. Did not change for the better part of a decade, as far as function and required voltages of the sensors. Frankly, the h.o. Opens you to an obd2 swap, which is one hell of a step up for ease of maintenance to the lay mechanic.

The reason I prefer the h.o. is because of some of the problems I hear from guys with the renix systems. But that doesn't mean I won't buy a truck with a renix setup. Thank you guys with all the support and info, I knew I loved this site for a reason!!!

I would be honest with him about everything and why you don't want it, and thank for the opportunity to look at it and everything. That way if he ever takes it to the scrap yard you may get a shot at getting it super cheap. :dunno:  But agree with them everything that's been said above me.

Well there's the problem- there's a speaker magnetized to the underside of the truck... well that and a few other 'minor' issues are what's wrong.

At least the coil springs and shocks are clean- the rest is for recycling.