How Much Does A Bed Weigh?

I've harvested a few beds. Two average guys can lift one off with little difficulty. So.... I'm thinking 250-300 lbs or so.

Yep, right in that range. I can lift a corner up to slid carts under with a little difficultly. Four people makes it easy and less awkward.

lol

I guess that makes me the only idiot that takes it off and puts it back on by myself :)

I usually pop the 4 corners off one at a time,

lift/slide it back so the bottom sits on the top of the tires,

then slide it across the tires till I can stand it up on end behind the truck.

Then you can stand inside it, lift it straight up and put it where you want it. 

I thought it was around 200 lbs. Me and my dad had no issues carring it and putting it into his 250. I got 23 bucks from the scrap yard.

four people did make it a heck of a lot earier to put on though

Didn't they weigh it at the scrap yard?

lol

I guess that makes me the only idiot that takes it off and puts it back on by myself :)

That makes two idiots here then because that's the way i do it. I don't think of it as being an idiot. I think of it as doing what's necessary when you work alone.

lol

That makes two idiots here then because that's the way i do it. I don't think of it as being an idiot. I think of it as doing what's necessary when you work alone.

Jim,

I would expect nothing less :) :yes:

... I guess that makes me the only idiot that takes it off and puts it back on by myself :) ...

I'm in that boat, so I suppose that'd make it three.  :group beer:

I thought it was around 200 lbs. Me and my dad had no issues carring it and putting it into his 250. I got 23 bucks from the scrap yard.

four people did make it a heck of a lot earier to put on though

Didn't they weigh it at the scrap yard?

Yes, Jim they sure did. But it's been 8 mounths since then lol just remember I got a couple buck over 20 for it.

Old crappy ones...two guys.

Freshly painted ones four guys.....

Don't ask me how I know that.

Freshly painted trucks and beds four sober guys.....

Don't ask me how I know that. :fs1:  It's even more annoying when youre the sober one

With the assistance from my father, the two of us managed to load, transport and unload my freshly painted long bed. Removing the tailgate helps. 

I did notice the short bed felt much lighter than the long bed.... Had a buddy help me lift it on the the '86. Maybe it had something to do with the fact I really didn't mind if it got bumped....