Copper The Hound Dog...

I sold a buddy a Mj 2 weeks ago and I've been helping him restore it since it came off the trailer...UHHGG  Lots of long day's and nights. It was already lifted and I swapped xj axles into it years ago. It was wheeled hard for years and beat on every corner, wiring was a mess, and the guy I bought it back off of finished off the motor... The mj is now all 96 model xj drivetrain and wiring harness, with a automatic instead of the sloppy peugot. The doors, fenders, nose, seats and console is all 99xj  The only thing getting changed on the bed is modding in the 99xj tailights to update the bed like the rest of the truck... Trying to finish the truck in a month, should be ok...

Yea those are MJ cab vents as hood louvers, and I'll see if I can get back up there and get some pics of the tailight install. I'm the nut and bolt guy, he's the body man so I've not been back up in a couple days. Been busy on my lifted Eagle project.

This is how it started

This is how it is now, rear is a 8.25 chrystler out of a xj with a s10 bastard pack. I have all the original drivetrain out and a 4.6 stroker, aw4 auto and 231 out of my old Harlan jeep is going in for making it go. The front suspension will be the modified unibody rails from a 01 xj and a D30 and a set of long arms. Should be around 6in of lift and 33's when done.

Here's the drivetrain and 01 xj I'm using as a unibody donor.

I looked for a long time for a sx4 but those things are big money to just cut up and experiment on.  I'm not 100 % I can pull this off, as far as I know noone has ever attempted to swap unibody's on a eagle, but it has to be coil sprung and the factory front unibody rails are not gonna work. If this build turns out right I'll spend the cash on a sx4 and build another one..  

Got the tail light pics uploaded, I really like the way this thing came out. Morris also said he's gonna sell this truck on completion so if anyone's looking for a completely rebuilt lifted MJ give me a shout. Should be priced somewhere around $6,500 I'll get some pics of the interior, it has the 96 dash and column but the seat, carpet and console in 1999. Tryed to build a truck that looks updated to what it should look like in 1999 if Chrystler would have kept it alive. Even got rid of the crome around the windshield and had the glass company install the rubber seal kit like the 96 and newer xj's have.

• 2 weeks later...