Comanche Of The Month - December 2012

Time to wrap up the year here fellas. This month we have a newer member, who came in with a bang. Enjoy :cheers:

BITEMYBAG's 1988 Comanche

MODEL AND YEAR : 88 Jeep Comanche

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE: Stock 4.0 i6 K&N intake, Flow master exhaust

DRIVETRAIN: aw4 tranny, 231 t case, Dana 60 high pinion king pin, ARB air locker front, GM 14bolt full float Detroit locker rear, both full width, with 5.38 gearing

COOLING: All aluminum radiator, 3-10" electric fans

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION: Stock

STEERING: Full Hydro by PSC, Double ended ram 8" throw. Artec Ultimate Dana 60 SpringLess High steer arms, double sheer

SUSPENSION: Front, Custom 3 link with panhard bar, Rear custom 4 link Straight lowers, triangulated uppers. 14" Radflo Coilovers front and rear...

INTERIOR: Gutted , bed lined floor boards, budget race seats, custom center console, with shoulder harness Bar for 4/5 point harnesses

BRAKES: Front stock ford disc, rear stock GM drums, powered by jeep....doesn't really stop, just slows down...

LIGHTING: Stock jeep head, tail and markers, 40" rigid industries E Series above the windshield, 30" rigid

industries E Series above the winch

WHEELS/TIRES: 17" soft 8's with DIY beadlocks sitting on 37" pitbull rockers,plus spare in the bed

MISCELLANEOUS: Radesign shift controller, bed mounted fuel cell with remote filler, cheap cobra CB, Warn M8000, 5 point harness, ruff stuff Diff covers front and rear, pinion guard in the rear

Best MJ story: Not sure if its the best story, but by far the most memorable. The day after the cage and axles were done, I was in liberty wa, on our annual Jeep Camp trip, ended up rolling the first night out, picked a terrible line on some loose terrain and down I went, was told I went over 6-8 times, bellied up to a couple trees half way down the trail. I've said it before and I'll say it again, all that tube no doubt idly saved mine and my cousins life.

What owner loves best about CC : Whats not to love, you're my personal pit crew, research and development team.. I love being able to share my obsession with like minded folks. From nearly stock DD's to guys dumping LS1 v8's in there Comanches, it's pretty awesome to be able to converse with all these people that enjoy these little pickups as much as I do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome sir. It was a mere month ago when you joined up and started your build thread - what an entrance. Even though you've been building it for awhile, you started the thread from scratch, and detailed all the steps along the way. Your build quality is superb, and very thought out. The work you had done with the cage is amazing. That center console you fabbed up is a work of art. It's great that you could come in and share your truck with the group.

I am sure I will not be the only one when I say that I can't wait to see what is in store. Keep us posted.

Enjoy the spotlight. :cheers:

Rob

Click here to view the article

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic