jeep truck!

shawn

ocJ0C.jpg

1985 AMC/Jeep CJ10A Flightline Tug Truck

* SD33T 3.3l or SD33 3.3l diesel

* ??? up front

* 80" Dana 70 in the rear with 4.18s... I think?

* 727 3 speed auto w/NP208 T-case (2w hi/lo, 4w hi/lo)

* 8 lug 16.5"-ish wheels w/31.5" BFGs

ocJ0C.jpg

1985 AMC/Jeep CJ10A Flightline Tug Truck

* SD33T 3.3l or SD33 3.3l diesel

* ??? up front

* 80" Dana 70 in the rear with 4.18s... I think?

* 727 3 speed auto w/NP208 T-case (2w hi/lo, 4w hi/lo)

* 8 lug 16.5"-ish wheels w/31.5" BFGs

This is not actually a CJ10A flightline tug. It COULD be a rare example of a CJ10 in this country or a pic from a market where they were sold but is most likely a project vehicle assembled from two or more vehicles.

The CJ10A's pictured above are heavily modified to get to the point that they appear in those pics. The CJ10A had a tiny 88" wheelbase that was on a custom shortened wagoneer frame (109" wheelbase). The easiest way to convert one into a CJ10 clone is to swap the front cab onto an actual wagoneer frame using the waggy engine/tranny/et all. Then you custom build a bed or adapt a bed like an '80's size mini truck bed onto it. You can dump all of the tug stuff from the back of one and put a tiny bed on it but you are still stuck with a transmission that only has first gear capability and no front axle diff. The transfer case is locked into "low" permanently and is only used for gear reduction and there is of course no front drive shaft.

Actual CJ10A tug:

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... 1,s:0,i:79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Heh, that's actually my truck.

It's currently stuck in the garage with the motor pulled (bad crank bearing) but that should be back in soon.

It's a CJ10A tug with an old Willys bed stuck on an extended frame and a SD33T pulled out of a Scout. I am about to buy two more CJ10As to use for parts trucks (found an awesome deal on two running tugs with no major issues), so mine should be back on the road soon with a fresh coat of paint and a new lease on life.

Heh, that's actually my truck. My reddit handle is EvilSteevil aswell.

It's currently stuck in the garage with the motor pulled (bad crank bearing) but that should be back in soon.

It's a CJ10A tug with an old Willys bed stuck on an extended frame and a SD33T pulled out of a Scout. I am about to buy two more CJ10As to use for parts trucks (found an awesome deal on two running tugs with no major issues), so mine should be back on the road soon with a fresh coat of paint and a new lease on life.

When its up and running, feel free to drop it off at my place  :thumbsup:

Sweet truck, I'd love to get ahold of one, but there about as common as a J20 'round here...non-existant.

Well like I said, I'm about to buy two and I really only need one extra. Independence is a long way from South Carolina though.

Details...minor details. Although those minor details do put a wrench in the gears.

I found two more of these Jeeps on Craigslist the other day. Since my motor rebuild project keeps hitting snags I bought these to use as donor vehicles. They both run fine, so I will pull whichever of the two motors is best and put it in my pickup. If I swipe a crane from work that should only take an evening or two!

#2 - Runs like a top; perfect donor vehicle for the pickup. Once I get my SD33T back in the original truck I hope to turn this into another pickup for my dad.

u9SeKX7h.jpg

#3 - Also runs, but not quite like a top. Mostly good for parts.

fcr2brLh.jpg