What are you shooting?

Backdraft

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too have the Mossberg 500 that holds 8 shells with the pistol grip. I also have a Berretta 3032 Tomcat with a broken frame, and am in the market for a Bersa Thunder 380.

Just Bought the Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone. Have yet to shoot it, but going to try this weekend. All reviews Ive read have been great, and so was the price... $279.00.

hardly fancy but surely effective...

Just Bought the Bersa Thunder 380 Duo Tone. Have yet to shoot it, but going to try this weekend. All reviews Ive read have been great, and so was the price... $279.00.

Let me know how you like the bersa I have had periodic jamming problems with mine in the attached photo.

got mine in nickle (new?) in a box last summer from a private party. at $ 325.00

• 2 months later...

I too have the Mossberg 500 that holds 8 shells with the pistol grip. I also have a Berretta 3032 Tomcat with a broken frame, and am in the market for a Bersa Thunder 380.

Sent the Beretta back because of the broken frame, and just received my replacement from them, a Beretta Nano 9mm. 

The Bersa had a couple of fail to loads in the first couple of magazines through, but has since stopped doing that. Seems to put decent groupings up and has been nice to concealed carry on my right hip. I still need to some more rounds through it though just to be sure. A good cleaning and lubing is in order as well. Probably should have done that before I put the first shot through it! Ive read the Nano should be cleaned and lubed before shooting as well, so I will definitely do that before I shoot it. 

Got tired of the jamming bersa (but have not pulled it all apart to see what needs to be done about it.) No plans on giving up on it yet.

Replaced it with a Sig 239 9MM ( to go along with the Sig 250 set I have in .40....so I have now all three 250's sub compact,compact, and full frame in .40).

The sig 239 is an excellent mid size CC piece. SA/DA, single stack 9mm so it's nice and thin in a SOB holster, great balance, great trigger ...(after a trip to the gunsmith to have the quick re-set job done to it).

Love the sig night sights. Only draw back is the price.... New retail is around $ 795.00 (I think)...... I  paid $ 550.00 used ( but REAL nice shape) in box with 3 mags.

The sig trigger parts ran another $ 55.00.

I honestly do not know if I will ever look at another brand of hand gun (unless of course the right 1911 or genuine original walther ppk comes along).

• 4 weeks later...

I put myself through college on a shooting scholarship. Now I teach the 4-H kids rifle marksmanship. We shoot model 1913 super match Anshutz .22's

I competed with a mdel 54 match rifle which looked very similar to the 1913 above.

We use palm rests, shooting jackets, ankle rolls, slings, gloves, etc...
It is an NRA 3 position indoor rules competition the same as the current world record holders go by.  Our range is outdoors, but all are competion is on an indoor range, so the kids get a treat when they shoot for the first time inside.
Are targes are A36 NRA  paper targets set to 50ft. The bullseye is the size of a pin head, literally. Possible score of 100 for each position of prone, kneeling, and off-hand.
There are three classes the kids shoot in. junior, intermediate, and senior depending only on age.
I don't compete anymore, but I do hone my skills occasionally. ;)

Got tired of the jamming bersa (but have not pulled it all apart to see what needs to be done about it.) No plans on giving up on it yet.

Replaced it with a Sig 239 9MM ( to go along with the Sig 250 set I have in .40....so I have now all three 250's sub compact,compact, and full frame in .40).

The sig 239 is an excellent mid size CC piece. SA/DA, single stack 9mm so it's nice and thin in a SOB holster, great balance, great trigger ...(after a trip to the gunsmith to have the quick re-set job done to it).

Love the sig night sights. Only draw back is the price.... New retail is around $ 795.00 (I think)...... I paid $ 550.00 used ( but REAL nice shape) in box with 3 mags.

The sig trigger parts ran another $ 55.00.

I honestly do not know if I will ever look at another brand of hand gun (unless of course the right 1911 or genuine original walther ppk comes along).

I had been looking at the P239s for a while, every now and then I can find them used for a good price.

Right now I have the sig P229 in .357-SIG, .40 and 9mm.. It's a great firearm. I basically paid $450 for it (.357-sig only) then later bought a .40 cal barrel. And a 9mm conversion barrel not long ago. The .357-sig and .40 use the same mags and the 9mm can be used in the same mags but may jam. I still need to pick up a 9mm mag for it.

And for everywhere carry I have a diamondback .380 super good price at the time.

I have a Taurus TCP .380 that never leaves my side. It's been through it all with me the past couple years unless it legally couldn't go. I used to carry a S&W SIgma Series .40 and before that a Taurus Judge Public Defender. That Judge is the only firearm I've ever let go. It was fun with the 410, but as a .45 it couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 25 yards.

Well, I used to do some shooting with all these fine guns......... but unfortunately, they were all lost during an unfortunate canoeing incident and I no longer have any guns.......

Romanian AK-47

Stainless Mini-14 and some tacti-cool stuff

XDm .40 4.5" length, 16 round mags, TLR-2 light and Trijcon night sites.

.45 cal Thompson replica, M1 Garand, AK 47 pistol 

Bond Arms .410 Derringer

Bushmaster AR 15 A4 with Magpul furniture, bi-pod fore grip, tac light with pressure switch, etc......

Remington 870 all tacticool'd and some upgraded mags for my AR and AK.

Also had a Sig P226 9mm, Sig 230 .380 in stainless, a S&W 3913 in stainless, a Remington lever action .22, a Winchester semi-auto .22LR and an old-school single shot, breach loader 12 GA my grandfather left me.

All drowned in the lake.......... :(

Nothing special, an older Mossberg 500 12 gage with an extra full choke and a newer Remington 870 12 gage that's also set up for turkey heads. Busted up a gang of gobblers last Friday up in Flagstaff. Shot shells were Winchester 3" Double X No. 5, hits em hard at 30 yards. That's my son in the pic, his first spring turkey hunt.

u9a8ybez.jpg

Sent the Beretta back because of the broken frame, and just received my replacement from them, a Beretta Nano 9mm. 

The Bersa had a couple of fail to loads in the first couple of magazines through, but has since stopped doing that. Seems to put decent groupings up and has been nice to concealed carry on my right hip. I still need to some more rounds through it though just to be sure. A good cleaning and lubing is in order as well. Probably should have done that before I put the first shot through it! Ive read the Nano should be cleaned and lubed before shooting as well, so I will definitely do that before I shoot it. 

My wife is having trouble racking the Bersa and the Nano, and she really misses the 32 Tomcat. I finally found another one, but its the Bobcat 22 LR version, So thinking I wasnt going to find another Tomcat, we bought the Bobcat and some hollow points. But reading up on them I think I really need to find some of the CCI Stingers for it. As long as shes carrying something and will be comfortable with it I guess it will be better than nothing for her concealed carry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'll play. My wife says I am addicted, but to me it's more of a history collection. Safe is filled with different types from a1st model dragoon to Sten mk3. From trainer .22lr's to built .338's. But out of all, this was my favorite... Until they made me turn it in.

Lots of cool history in firearms, I envy a lot of collections that I've seen.

Got a buddy who is big into LMGs, and the occasional heavy...got to shoot his browning .50..civie'd up to semi sadly..but belt fed is still cool nonetheless.

• 3 months later...

I'll play. My wife says I am addicted, but to me it's more of a history collection. Safe is filled with different types from a1st model dragoon to Sten mk3. From trainer .22lr's to built .338's. But out of all, this was my favorite... Until they made me turn it in.

Couldn't you have just told them you lost it? And then sneak it home stuffed down your pants leg?

• 2 months later...

Well lets see here...I have a henry golden boy .22lr, ruger mk3 .22lr handgun, 1944 mosin nagant, ww2 era lithgow production lee enfield .303, and a nef 12 ga. Single shot with custom stock. My "secondary" gun safe has my berretta 9mm, .50 cal "ma duece", and my mk9 grenade launcher.