MJ 3800 camaro powered

well i'm getting damage estimates on the damage sometime soon, and waiting to hear what the police decided to do regarding blame (he turned left into the side of my truck).

hopefully i can get to work on the body soon. in the meantime though, i've decided i can't take the gas prices anymore. so in the interest of attempting to regain a bit of gas mileage (I get 18mpg city, 21mpg highway with 31" tires), i tossed on my 235/75R15 goodyear wrangler A/T's...almost new tires.

it looks funny with smaller tires and newer xj steel rims (need center caps), and now my speedometer is correct.. :roll: :brows:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i'm in luck.

just letting you all know. i'll post details on monday night :D

Hey Pat, it's wednesday. I don't wanna harrass ya man but the suspense is killing us :D

He didn't specifcy "Which" Monday night... Could be any Monday from here to eternity....

//I'm just Sayin'

well, i'm in luck.

just letting you all know. i'll post details on monday night :D

Hey Pat, it's wednesday. I don't wanna harrass ya man but the suspense is killing us :D

damnit it's killing me too. :roll:

I've gotta make a 3 hour drive first. monday didn't fly cause i was busy picking up some parts from a junkyard for the 87 mj (scored OEM rear bumper with a slight tweek, and full set of tow hooks :D)

working so much, I haven't kept up the maintenance on the 3800 either...changed oil on monday at 2000 over, need a new TRE at the pitman arm, and the accident apparently damaged the rim and axle seals (great... :roll: )

this coming monday. all I have to say is, I'm not worried about the dent.

you know you girls could just text mssg each other the whole "i know something you don't know" instead of bringing that crap in to "THE CLUB". :razz:

the last 4 or 5 email notices i get says there's a new post here and i want to see if Pat has done some work on his truck, but instead i'm reading this giggly little exchange between two 7th grade girls LOL. :D

reading between the lines, i'll take a guess that Pat found a white MJ bed in excellent shape for $12.93. if i'm correct, :cheers: to you Pat.

you know you girls could just text mssg each other the whole "i know something you don't know" instead of bringing that crap in to "THE CLUB". :razz:

the last 4 or 5 email notices i get says there's a new post here and i want to see if Pat has done some work on his truck, but instead i'm reading this giggly little exchange between two 7th grade girls LOL. :D

reading between the lines, i'll take a guess that Pat found a white MJ bed in excellent shape for $12.93. if i'm correct, :cheers: to you Pat.

My guess is there was a White MJ that someone bought new off the Lot in 1992, drove directly into a Temperature and Humidity controlled Barn up in Cheese Country (with about 5 mile on the ticker). Hermetically and Vacuum sealed for freshness, Pat discovered and purchased the truck for whatever change was rolling around in his Ashtray and is getting ready to crack the "seal" and inhale that 16 year old, but good as the day it was new fresh new car smell... The excitement is getting the better of him, thus the Giddy Pre-Teen Girlish antics.. :D

My guess is there was a White MJ that someone bought new off the Lot in 1992, drove directly into a Temperature and Humidity controlled Barn up in Cheese Country (with about 5 mile on the ticker). Hermetically and Vacuum sealed for freshness, Pat discovered and purchased the truck for whatever change was rolling around in his Ashtray and is getting ready to crack the "seal" and inhale that 16 year old, but good as the day it was new fresh new car smell... The excitement is getting the better of him, thus the Giddy Pre-Teen Girlish antics.. :D

LOL #2. Yeah, maybe it was the first vehicle ever preserved through Cryogenics. That silo on their barn is really a big holding tank full of liquid nitrogen where the client, errrr, truck is in deep freeze. :jump:

just think "acronym"

:D

HEMI? Is that an Acronym... anything less will be a let down...

three letters

Am I'm getting Close...LS1, LS2?

I'm bored as hell and getting paid an obscene amount of $$$ I can guess all day...

just think "acronym"

three letters

who said anything about motors?

remember, there's a huge friggin dent in the side of the truck... :cry: :brows: :eek:

just think "acronym"

three letters

who said anything about motors?

remember, there's a huge friggin dent in the side of the truck... :cry: :brows: :eek:

I've heard you have a propensity to drop "non-standard" motors into Jeeps (at least one)... That would be more exciting to me than anything I could do the the body of my truck... I guess I'm weird that way...

I've heard you have a propensity to drop "non-standard" motors into Jeeps (at least one)... That would be more exciting to me than anything I could do the the body of my truck... I guess I'm weird that way...

strange way of looking at it. no, the engine upgrades are happening over the winter (2001 grand prix SC 3800)

right now the acronym is OEM ;)

aaaand the rear left tire fell off. :headpop: the rim was bent in the accident I'm betting, and even though I retorqued all of the wheels, apparently it's wobble (there was a bit of a wobble) probably loosened the rim.

anyways, all the brakes and axleshaft on that side are wrecked, so time for the dana 44 rear... jamminz.gif

moving on to axle number 5... :roll: