MJ 3800 camaro powered

i'm digging the new intake setup :D

:D

thanks. it took me about 10 min. to do the routing and figure out what to use to do so (I nabbed every type of intake tube possible from the yard way back at the start of the 3800 swap), and one more small section of stainless tube. it performs noticably better now that it's sucking in cleaner air (i.e. not sucking up salt and such from behind the skid plate :roll: )

she drives great. I need a front end alignment for sure, and need to adjust the new steering wheel since it's off to the right a little bit. otherwise it's doing great. the interior smells like fiberglass resin, the stereo sounds like a$$ (cracked subwoofer...now disconnected), the oil pressure reads too high, and it's throwing an o2 sensor code (hmm...maybe the missing/never installed rear o2 sensor could be the cause :nuts: ...I i didn't need it anyways, it's not necessary to calculate fuel/air ratio)

now, fix the dent, repair the cab corner rust, repaint the driver's side of the bed and the rockers and such, and I can call her done.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and lift it a little higher :brows:

:D I've already designed the longarm crossmember for it. and I think I've got the springs already. oh, and I'm buying the rear axle next week now just gotta get a nice front axle (that's not bent or whatever hell is wrong w/ my axle) and regear it to match

oh, and I'm buying the rear axle next week now just gotta get a nice front axle (that's not bent or whatever hell is wrong w/ my axle) and regear it to match

So is that rear axle attached to your next project? I figured the way you find good deals all the time, you bought another Heep for next to nothing to get the axle.

j/k :D

I'll say it again as well, yours is looking good. :cheers:

oh, and I'm buying the rear axle next week now just gotta get a nice front axle (that's not bent or whatever hell is wrong w/ my axle) and regear it to match

So is that rear axle attached to your next project? I figured the way you find good deals all the time, you bought another Heep for next to nothing to get the axle.

j/k :D

I'll say it again as well, yours is looking good. :cheers:

ironically, I just found geonovast his 91 HO harness complete with 5 speed (but 2wd) comanche.... :roll:

and I've got myself a 90 eliminator headed this way in a month or so...in about the same shape as 89eliminator's was when he got it, but factory buckets and 4wd. :eek:

as for the axle, no, it's a stand-alone axle. sorry :oops:

had it plugged in today and it was throwing 2 misfire codes, I grabbed the plug wires, and they came loose from the crimped ends easily, and they were pretty shabby looking.

got my new wires, (source is 1992 buick lesabre with 3800 because of my manifolds) which are 8mm thick, and cleared the codes. it runs better.

also adjusted the steering wheel position.

thanks for stopping by tonight, its looking better and better everytime i see it. i would steal that OHC idea, but can't cause of the sunroof. :cry:

thanks for letting me stop by.

you can do a stub OHC with just the lights and message center. I think I have one from an xj with sunroof somewhere...

helped correy (geonovast) install his home-built 5 speed 4wd tranny in his 91 comanche this weekend, and on the way back, the 3800 started puking her rear axle. we figure at least 7 more ring teeth and 1 pinion tooth. we'll see when I open her up.

Anyways, I've got my chryco 8.25 in the shop, had to move around a bunch of stuff first so I could get in, shop is clean now), removed the chopped xj springs from it, and the shock mounts as well as the yoke since the tabs that retain the ujoint caps are broken off.

n69205416_32803875_6507.jpg

pulled the cover off to find out what kind of shape it's in...

n69205416_32803876_6793.jpg

which is pretty good shape. BUT the brake drums are shot, and one brake pad is shot as well. I'll need all new brakes for it :(

here's the shop all cleaned...

n69205416_32803877_7077.jpg

n69205416_32803878_7365.jpg

if only I could get pops to convert the shop to jeep-only use... :roll:

I have a couple of drums that are on the welded 8.25. They should last until the next rearend swap. If you need any hardware I should have it too. The shoes are pretty worn but they might be good enough.

I have a couple of drums that are on the welded 8.25. They should last until the next rearend swap. If you need any hardware I should have it too. The shoes are pretty worn but they might be good enough.

alright we'll work that out...I don't want to spend any $$$ since this is only temporary really. thanks :D

(I managed to get it in the shop as you can see)

if only I could get pops to convert the shop to jeep-only use...

i thought your pops said no more Jeeps in the garage? :roll:

that he did... I can get them in to work on them quick but they can't be in for lengthy periods (no real projects...)

that he did... I can get them in to work on them quick but they can't be in for lengthy periods (no real projects...)

ahhh, well you know that there is a nice red barn that could be used :brows:

ahhh, well you know that there is a nice red barn that could be used :brows:

Thats probably off limits too...

He can't work on them there either cuz thats where he's gona be sleepin soon. :chillin: :brows: :chillin:

pops

haha, pops IDK where you get these crazy ideas of yorn :nuts:

but, If I had all my own tools set up and an air compressor, I'd have no problem working in the barn. actually, that's a pretty good idea truth be told.

Pops, ya need a new air compressor so I can have your old one :brows: :D

TNT, it's not off limits, but it IS wet right now. and cold. if I set up a nice lil spot in it for me to work on my jeep it wouldn't be so bad, but I'd need to replace a few windows and move some stuff around, then make a ramp off the end of the barn instead of the dropoff, and then I wouldn't be able to fit something as big as I wanna go in the barn anyways...

He can't work on them there either cuz thats where he's gona be sleepin soon. :chillin: :brows: :chillin:

pops

haha, pops IDK where you get these crazy ideas of yorn :nuts:

but, If I had all my own tools set up and an air compressor, I'd have no problem working in the barn. actually, that's a pretty good idea truth be told.

Pops, ya need a new air compressor so I can have your old one :brows: :D

TNT, it's not off limits, but it IS wet right now. and cold. if I set up a nice lil spot in it for me to work on my jeep it wouldn't be so bad, but I'd need to replace a few windows and move some stuff around, then make a ramp off the end of the barn instead of the dropoff, and then I wouldn't be able to fit something as big as I wanna go in the barn anyways...

see, i have some good ideas once in awhile

see, i have some good ideas once in awhile

yea..doubtless you do.

here's the diff cover for the chryco 8.25

n69205416_32807816_5970.jpg

new yoke

n69205416_32807818_6494.jpg

new pinion seal

n69205416_32807819_6759.jpg

and yoke installed/pumpkin's painted

n69205416_32807820_7030.jpg

yoke's painted too

n69205416_32807822_7574.jpg

i torched off the remainder of the shock mounts, and also the spring mounts (salvageable, will be flipped)

n69205416_32807823_7848.jpg

n69205416_32807824_8123.jpg

so now I just have to do a bit of grinding to clear up the mounting spots, get the new brake pads, and a good set of brake drums (thanks TNT), run new line, and also get a 8.25 vent line bolt since this one the vent nozzle broke off. then I can set it up in the truck, set the angle 1.5* up, tac it and then take it and weld it. thank god I'll have a rear end that can take every day driving let alone a bit of abuse.

I suppose you want a vent line bolt too?

:P

it's possible....

and I was wondering if I your welder will weld these perches well enough?...I don't have a welder that will weld it right now (dad's won't do it, and I can't use grandpa's)

I'm contemplating figuring out the angle and doing this without putting it in the manche first...not much time to have the truck down and non-functional.

I suppose you want a vent line bolt too?

:P

it's possible....

and I was wondering if I your welder will weld these perches well enough?...I don't have a welder that will weld it right now (dad's won't do it, and I can't use grandpa's)

I'm contemplating figuring out the angle and doing this without putting it in the manche first...not much time to have the truck down and non-functional.

It will burn them on no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

bah.

tire went flat in 7 days. went to fix that and move it today. now clutch doesn't disengage far enough...truck moves a bit even with pedal all the way down.

i'm not happy. if it can go wrong with this truck, it seems it is doing so. it irritates me because I KNOW that I do a good job on this thing.

anyways. i guess i'll fix that after i've got the cherokee buttoned up, while I put the np242 in the comanche.

I traded my white truck cap to bullykatz for these longarms

n69205416_32842996_917.jpg

each has the larger RE superflex joints on both ends. I'll be removing the flex joints on the lower ends and going poly and adjustable on the lower ends. also, the upper arm supports need to be clocked inwards or they won't work properly. then build the upper L/A control arms (adjustable)then I just have to build my mounting system (bolt-on frame skid similar to TNT y-link, but more user-friendly).

shouldn't cost me much to build this kit, and with the 6.5" RC coils and trackbar I'll be getting back from tim, and SOA, I'll be just fine with these.