Anybody seen this swap?

Helps if you give us information so we know what you are talking about! I would not want two bass boosted rappers running my Jeep. Bad enough just having one around.

Shooting for 220HP from an engine swap is a silly goal when you are generally starting from 195HP with the 4.0L HO. Putting a stroker engine in place of a non-HO 4.0L since it would be nearly a 100HP increase over the stock engine.

Now if you are planning to shoot for some crazy boost off a crazy Japanese engine that is a different story.

ZJ's came with a 220hp or so V8. They had an aluminum Dana 44.

If your going to drift your MJ it might be a good swap.

The 2jz has 220 hp at close to 6,000 rpm and torque peak at around 4,500

which means no low end.

For all that work and marginal results it's not worth it.

If you want power drop a 5.3 LS motor in it. 300hp, lighter

a heck of a lot more parts laying around in yards.

Read up on it on Novak Adapters web site.

Alright... I'm srry for not telling you guy what a 2JZ is, I just assumed erbody knew what it was.

#1 I do not like or listen to the rapper JZ..

#2 I am probably the biggest JDM fan on this forum.

#3 2JZ is the engine code for the engine in the MKIV Toyota Twin Turbo Supra.

A N/A version is available that came in the Lexus SC300.

The non turbo 2JZ had 220 hp. and thats the was I was thinking about swaping.

I only found swaps into Jeeps that where boosted not N/A.

If this swap isnt worth it, Id want to do 4BT... """The UPS truck engine"""swap

Alright... I'm srry for not telling you guy what a 2JZ is, I just assumed erbody knew what it was.

This is a Jeep board. Why would you assume that ANYONE here might know the product code for some Toyota engine?

A N/A version is available that came in the Lexus SC300.

"N/A" is the acronym for "Not Applicable" or "Not Available." How can a version that is not available come in anything?

Sorry, but you're still not making a lot of sense here ...

I thought N/A is Natural Aspiration. ya know, not Force Induction.

I got that, but never saw some one abbreviate it like that. Must be a JDM forum thing. :D

Got rid of both my Hondas. D: A nice light horsepower monster would be a great swap to make a drift Comanche. I really considered doing a Driftmanche, but I have all the parts just laying around to make a nice lifted off road Comanche.

I thought N/A is Natural Aspiration. ya know, not Force Induction.

I got that, but never saw some one abbreviate it like that. Must be a JDM forum thing. :D

Got rid of both my Hondas. D: A nice light horsepower monster would be a great swap to make a drift Comanche. I really considered doing a Driftmanche, but I have all the parts just laying around to make a nice lifted off road Comanche.

I drift my Eliminator everytime it rains and I have gas in the tank. It would be awesome to make a driftmanche. i just got back from a drift event today. streetwisedrift.com.

I'm just surprised that there are not alot of gear heads on CC today.

I lived my life in both worlds, 4x4 Jeeps and the Import scene, so I know alot! about the both worlds and I try to put the best of both worlds together and see what I come up with.

My dream is to have a bad azz Jeep MJ and a nice clean Hellaflush car and live in Japan. :drool: :rotf:

The 4bt has torque but it also wieghs as much or more then a big block V8

If I was gonna drift an MJ I would probably do an LS swap

The drift event I went to yesterday had atleast 5! LS1 swaps.

I always want to go a different way.

Thats why I have a Flatbed MJ! lol

Scratch off what I said about making one of my MJs a driftmanche.

I forgot its going to be my towing truck since its the cleanest of the 2.

Id have to buy a 3rd MJ for the drifting.

1 for crawling

1 for towing

1 for drifting

:shake:

I rolled my stock toyota truck (22r/4speed) drifting it. trucks are better for doing work but theres no reason you can't have a little fun as well.

A 2JZ is a overpriced terrible swap in my opinion. Your going about things all wrong, Torque what you need with a heavy box like a MJ if you want to try to go fast. A stock 4.8/5.3 V8 chevrolet is very small for a V8 and powerful. The weakest 4.8L has 255HP and 285Ft lbs of torque. The weakest 5.3 270HP/315ft lbs of torque. These are all STOCK numbers, and these engines respond very well to mods and I bet they weigh less than a 4.0L and bring most of the engine mass to a lower center of gravity. From where I have read about those turbochargining they have made insane amounts of power on stock engines. The chevrolet will also allow you to still have the ability to use a 4x4 setup, 500whp 4 wheel drive jeep=fun.

It's all what you make of it, a 2JZ engine is an awesome car engine setup for an aerodynamic car body. It would work for our trucks but have fun with the electronics and dash instrumentation. Any modern engine would be cumbersome and costly. My bet is the new 3.5L Ford Ecoboost, all alluminum 350hp and 420lb/ft of torque, like the Geico lizzard says: Forgetaboutit!!!

If you were going to make a drift MJ I'd use a 1jz turbo cause it cost the same as a N/A 2jz, even with one with a single turbo swap are cheaper then a stock 2jz, plus think about suspension first before an engine

If you were going to make a drift MJ I'd use a 1jz turbo cause it cost the same as a N/A 2jz, even with one with a single turbo swap are cheaper then a stock 2jz, plus think about suspension first before an engine

All the turbo cars my friends ever had they were a headache. And you said 1JZ is the same as N/A 2JZ, Id rather go with non turbo.

Or do you mean they make the same power? I still rather have the non turbo 2JZ. Then I wouldnt have to wait for the boost to build up, and thats another positive about N/A. No turbo Lag.

If this swap isnt worth it, Id want to do 4BT... """The UPS truck engine"""swap

UPS uses a lot of different engines in their trucks including IH, Benz and yes, Cummins. But not the 4BT, though. They use a detuned 6BT.

Some Chevy/GMC step vans commonly used for bread trucks used the 4BT, hence the nickname "Crummins".