Anybody seen this swap?

If your worried about lag run a small turbo ,plus I don't think your going to making more then 300whp, so lag really isn't a problem. and you could always invest in a anti lag system

Anti-Lag systems makes your turbo overheat and catch fire. I really don't want to custom make a turbo manifold just to fit in the Jeep's bay. If a non turbo 2JZ isnt enough power, I might try to get a 280z and jut the turbo'ed 2JZ in that because they bay's are huge.

"""""UPS uses a lot of different engines in their trucks including IH, Benz and yes, Cummins. But not the 4BT, though. They use a detuned 6BT.

Some Chevy/GMC step vans commonly used for bread trucks used the 4BT, hence the nickname "Crummins"."""""

I thought they did... I have seen a 6BT crammed in a YJ. So what bread truck company uses the 4BT?

Why wouldn't you just turbo the 280z engine? They came with a turbo in the 280zx so it would be pretty much bolt on.

Problem with 280's are they are very nose heavy,the front end pulls around corners.

I have had 2 of them and if I did another I would do a small block V8 or a V6,that way I could set it back and change the wieght distrbution.

Why wouldn't you just turbo the 280z engine? They came with a turbo in the 280zx so it would be pretty much bolt on.

Problem with 280's are they are very nose heavy,the front end pulls around corners.

I have had 2 of them and if I did another I would do a small block V8 or a V6,that way I could set it back and change the wieght distrbution.

lol i totally forgot about the turbo 280z engine :fool: .

If it came with a bad engine in the 280z then a SR20 swap.

Really, with a comanche, you'd be doing it an injustice putting a 2JZ in. 2JZ is great because it is small and fits in small cars (small ish). You have the space, run something big, or run a turbo 4.0L or a 4.7L stroker. Or a 4.7L stroker turbo

Really, with a comanche, you'd be doing it an injustice putting a 2JZ in. 2JZ is great because it is small and fits in small cars (small ish). You have the space, run something big, or run a turbo 4.0L or a 4.7L stroker. Or a 4.7L stroker turbo

Alright... I'm srry for not telling you guy what a 2JZ is, I just assumed erbody knew what it was.

This is a Jeep board. Why would you assume that ANYONE here might know the product code for some Toyota engine?

A N/A version is available that came in the Lexus SC300.

"N/A" is the acronym for "Not Applicable" or "Not Available." How can a version that is not available come in anything?

Sorry, but you're still not making a lot of sense here ...

I knew EXACTLY what it was. And I'm still wiping up the keyboard. 1000 whp Manche? @#$% YEAH :wrench:

Seriously? N/A is naturally aspirated, i.e. NO FORCED INDUCTION.