baja seats

No... but the kids have been BEGGING me to. They like to ride in the back of my / their Grandpa's truck in his fields (old farm). Figured it'd be nice to give them a seat so when we go over there to "offroad" in the fields / mud, they have somewhere to sit. I'm pretty sure this might be my next project so I'll keep you posted and I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone else has done it.

I have been kicking around the idea of using a rear seat from a Wrangler. The Wrangler seat has detachable hardware that would allow the seat to be easly removed for storage. It also folds down if you want to put a tonneau (is that spelled right?) cover over it.

Remember the old Subaru Brat seats? They had handles!! Probably never find them again.

thats what i have been thinking about. i have not been able to find any with out the brat still attached to them :rotfl2:

Ive got a bench facing backwards in mine :D its just sitting in there though, no mounts. Nice to throw the tailgate down and have a big couch to relax on after working on the MJ :cheers:

P.s. 150,000th post? :D

and a few 12 oz curles image_209027.gif

8) on your posts

EVERY time I go out for a trail ride or mudding trip I go though some alleys and pick up some old recliners for friends to sit in. They all loved the idea and I could keep another 4 people back there with some type of Cushing. I would also take a bunch of crushes off of couches to keep back there.

Brandon

Remember the old Subaru Brat seats? They had handles!! Probably never find them again.

There's a pair out in a barn at my MIL's she had a BRAT years ago. Didn't know they were worth anything.

I have been kicking around the idea of using a rear seat from a Wrangler. The Wrangler seat has detachable hardware that would allow the seat to be easly removed for storage. It also folds down if you want to put a tonneau (is that spelled right?) cover over it.

The 2004 to 2006 LJ rear seats are best for this. The track is one solid piece that mounts through the floor.

• 2 years later...