--- COMANCHE OF THE MONTH - FEBRUARY 2012 ---

How's about a down and dirty wheeler? Hmm? Enjoy. :cheers:

---COMANCHEDUDE'S 1989 JEEP COMANCHE---

MODEL AND YEAR

1989 Jeep Comanche

ENGINE & PERFORMANCE:

1987 Renix 4.0 stock

DRIVETRAIN:

Stock AW4 ,Front 1996 Dana 30 with Aussie locker 4.10 gears,ZJ cv shafts, Rear Factory MJ AMC20 4.10 lock rite welded tubes and truss Mountain garage custom Dodge truck hd 231 transfer case with sye. Tatons custom drive shafts

COOLING:

Dual Factory electric fans ,HD all copper 3 row radiator

ELECTRICAL & IGNITION:

Basically all stock with upgraded battery cables and Big Off road headlight harness and 100w h4 headlights

STEERING:

Rugged Ridge HD steering system with JB off road High steer knuckle bracket for crossover steering (one of the absolute best setups works so freaking perfect)

SUSPENSION:

Rough Country Long arm system at 6.5" , rear is spring over with Rocky road extra long spring pads RC hydro shocks Hockey puck bump stops

INTERIOR:

Basically all stock, bucket seats with full console (have RR suspension seat on order for 2012 season)

BRAKES:

Factory Brakes front and rear with 1996 duel booster and RC stainless hoses front and rear. ( plan to upgrade rear axle to Crown vic rear discs this year)

LIGHTING:

All factory except front H4 head lights

WHEELS/TIRES:

Black Rock Lobo 15x10 steel wheels with 35 / 15 Pit Bull rocker Radials (the rockers are just crazy good off road)

MISCELLANEOUS:

Custom trackbar moved to top of axle, Tranny cooler and Power steering cooler,factory Roll Bar, TJ flairs,XRC8k winch with synthetic line

Best MJ story

Well best MJ story?? I guess the time couple years ago I was in a mall parking lot and a young kid around 4 years old pointed at my MJ and said look at the Monster truck mommy... he he it was funny

What owner loves best about CC :

I love that CC has a ton of great members and over the years I have enjoyed reading members stories and their MJ upgrades and enjoyed the pictures of others off road trips. and I like the information that's shared and how most everyone is "cool'. Also I had the chance to wheel with several members in the past but its been Years we need to get a CC outing in 2012

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been awhile since we had us a down and dirty MJ. Yours is great. It may be overlooked by some, but It has a lot of parts that a lot of the guys here aspire to have. Not overbuilt, well thought out. Factory-ish axles, parts sourced from other rigs, all put together to just work. This is the type of MJ that is a great drive to new members dreaming of having a capable rig without totally breaking the bank.

Congratulations on your MJOTM!

Rob :cheers:

• kryptronic unpinned and featured this topic