Brake Pads...What do you Recommend?

Now that I finally got the clutch line replaced on my MJ, before I make my MJ a daily driver again, I really need some new brake pads.

What do you guys recommend?

A friend of mine recommended Wearever brakes from Advance Auto with lifetime replacement.

But I'd like to get your opinions.

Thanks!

the shop i work in we use either raybestos or wagner but i personally use cheaper brake pads on my truck.cheap brake pads will last along time depending on driving habits.even the most expensive pads will be short lived with a brake riding or slam and go driver.

Every time I have spent big $$$ on pads (looking at you, napa) I had braking performance issues (like an inability to lock up). I go with the entry level semi-metallics and have never had any issues.

If you really want improvement, the pads are not your weak point. Dual diaphram booster. Upgraded master. Load sensing bypass. New hard lines, and replace the rubber lines with braided lines.

Any of these four will give you FAR more bang for your buck than upgraded pads.

i like hawk pads, low dust improved braking

:agree: thats what i have on my Impreza front brake. its notice huge different. stop distance is most noticeable that i had. about 1 and half car length cut stop distance compare with stock by just replace front pads with hawk pro pads.

I'm gonna get some for my mj too later.

I rather hawk pads than ebc :thumbsup:

I have video from 100-0 brake with my hawk pro pads if you want see

edit: that video is acutally my 07 2.5i race with my best friend 06 2.5i with stock pads. you will see my full brake from about 100ish to 0 brake. you will notice how different when i braking same time with my best friend.

go hawks!

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1311724669940

EBC Yellowstuff.

I put them on my TJ a few years back. After getting the Yellowstuff pads bedded into the replacement rotors I noticed much better braking. They won't lock a 35 up on pavement but did provide a much more responsive peddle.

i like power stop evolution series. they're ceramics, and about the only thing we recommend at my shop. we've yet to have any come back due to a pad defect or noise complaint, and as for life? we had one truck come back with a seized caliper, so it kept that side stuck on and ruined it. the other side looked new with almost no wear after some 11,000 miles, and this was on a 3/4 chevy that had a fair amount of trailer towing duty. an 87 comanche uses the 16-203. here's one source for them

http://www.brakewarehouse.com/pwrstp1.asp

and here's the website for them

http://www.powerstop.com/