Steering wheel question

foreman1063

Every Comanche I've seen has this steering wheel.

I'm looking at one on Craigslist that the owner doesn't know anything about. From the pics I see that it has this

steering wheel.

I've never seen this wheel before. Does this indicate a certain year, special option or package?

Thanks

I like my 2 spoke, but if you don't, you can find a different wheel from a similar yeared Comanche, Cherokee, or any GM product that has the same styled column. Will bolt right on!

Cool. Just wanted to get the scoop before I drove 45 minuted to see it. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Thanks. The 2 spoke wheel looks like it belongs on a Buick. :D

An 80's Oldsmobile is what came to mind for me.

I like the two-spoke style over the three spoke for long cruises- just hang your fingers over the spokes, and watch the miles go by.

I'm a three-spoke fan. When my '88 Sportruck was running, it had the 2-spoke wheel in it and it didn't blend in real well with the rest of the interior. As other have said, it looks like it belongs in an 80's GM car.

I've got a factory leather wrapped 3-spoke on my '92MJ and I love it.

Every Comanche I've seen has this steering wheel.

I'm looking at one on Craigslist that the owner doesn't know anything about. From the pics I see that it has this

steering wheel.

I've never seen this wheel before. Does this indicate a certain year, special option or package?

Thanks

Where did you find that picture?? That is my truck...

So someone finally asked this question, hmmm

So here is a follow up question:

Did they make the three spoke steering wheel leather wrapped in BLACK?

I would like a black three spoke with the round Jeep horn button but don't think I can wrap it to look factory myself, plus the button would still be gray.

Is there an aftermarket place that can do this and how much typically??

O, and by the way, authough it does look old school I think i'm driving a '87 celebrity!!

I've never personally seen a black leather wrapped 3-spoke. I have seen some late 80 XJ Limited's with the dark gray interior with leather wrapped 3-spokes...that's about the darkest I've seen.

You can get a factory leather wrapped 2-spoke wheel out of a Grand Wagoneer, however, I've only ever seen those in maroon and tan.