The American Motors Corporation's truck's . . .

AMC-MJ

The American Motors Jeep/General Corporation spent over 2 decades producing truck's

From this small:

To this Big:

The M900 series truck where the largest to carry the AMC logo :bowdown:

Mike

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather then continue the derailing of the other thread's let chat about AMC truck's here . . .

CJ's J's MJ's XJ's M's FSJ's and any other truck you can think of :clapping:

Mike

Well i was going for an AMC truck theme 2WD 4WD 6WD 10WD . . . But given that i am an AMC fan and the Eagle 4x4's are vintage Crossovers I would say they count too :cheers:

My favorite Jeep the M818 5ton 6x6 truck tractor:

My second favorite Jeep the M275A2 2.5ton 6x6 truck tractor:

Mike

Ya know what, I bet it could be done it would even solve the wheel well rusting issue's on both ends ;)

use a steal drum or trailer fender's for the new wheel well's . . . used the bed of the 1/4ton trailer and shazzam you got yourself an MJ-715 :cheers:

Toss on some 7.00-15 NDT's for good measure shoot a coat of green paint and stencil the hood up star on the door :yes:

Mike

bam

MY DREAM TRUCK! I WILL have one someday. Prices are still pretty cheap, relatively speaking of course.

15 years ago there was a half dozen of these in the Want-Ad,

and even one at my corner gas station for sale,

going rate, in running condition was ~$500.

I looked at a few, then other things came up before I found the *right* one.

:doh:

I think it was last years Peterson 4wheel & Off Road Ultimate Adventure that had a replica of one. There was a black MJ with a similar bed on it, and I even think there was a MJ-715 sticker on the fender. It was the owner of some 4x4 shops truck IIRC. It wasnt done up in olive drab, but it was cool to see.

Well I'm sure my scenario was more detailed then anybody would go, I was just thinking of how they would of had it set up for mil-spec use if jeep would offered a military MJ.

Mike

BTW, and none of these 'old style' M715's posted were AMC's, or even AM General's.

They were Jeeps,

but Kaiser still owned Jeep back then.

(Before AMC, Jeep military trucks were made by Kaiser's "Defense and Government Products Division")

There were later "AM715/AM720's" that no one seems to talk about much, that were made by AMC/AMGeneral.

Not as sexy looking but still cool. :thumbsup:

AM715%20ad.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickups/amgeneral.html

AM715%20ad2.gif

AM715%20ad3.gif

AM715%20ad4.gif

Then there were the Kia versions:

http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickups/Kia.html (look familiar?)

KIA%20M715.gif

KIA%20M715%20up%20close.jpg

KiaM7154.jpg

I don't know who put up that anglefire site, but it's a great reference. jamminz.gif

Damn:

http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickup ... M715s.html

PAKISTANI M715s

In Pakistan, where the army is starting to surplus out their m715s, there is a small garage in a town called Rawalpindi that modifies them and literally turns them into monster trucks. The fender flares are enlarged, a hino diesel engine is put in, and extremely large tires and wheels are put on the vehicle. To make things even better, these beasts are actually street legal in Pakistan!

Pakicrazym715.jpg

Pakicrazym715RawalpindiHino.jpg

Notice the AMC logo by the AM General ?

I know Kaiser Jeep did many of the jeep brand trucks, but if you get to see the data tags you'll notice that the AMC Jeep Corp built many of them to.

The M800's were AMC Jeep Corp and the M900s were AMC AM General Corp. The AMClogo appeared on both the 2.5 and 5ton trucks.

The M800s listed as AM Generals were Remans of earlier Kaiser Jeeps, when they got remanufactured they got a new data plate and model year so your 58' M818 Kaiser is now a 1972 AM General and so forth.

But none the less you will see plenty of AMC Jeep's in the 2.5 n 5 ton 6x6s . . . Yes on the reman deal even the AMC jeeps would become newer AMC AMGenerals.

M??? Original XM??? Reman.

Mike

I am not sure that A.M. General products actually count as jeeps...If they do, count the Humvee among Jeep trucks... The new 715 prototype on the JK/J8 frame is pretty sweet IMHO

AM General was split off into a seperate company completely. If you recall that ChryslerJeep tried to sue Hummer for the 7-slot grille. They lost because the Humvee 7-slot grille was a product of AM Genereral when the companies were under the same ownership and was therefore entitled to use the grill.

I was including AM-General as it was an AMC owned truck manufacturer.

Mid 70s to Mid 80s AMC split the 2 and Jeep became the civilian truck line and AM-General became the military truck line.

Kind of like GMC n Chevy, GMC used to be the commecial line and Chevy was the private party line.

Mike

bam

MY DREAM TRUCK! I WILL have one someday. Prices are still pretty cheap, relatively speaking of course.

15 years ago there was a half dozen of these in the Want-Ad,

and even one at my corner gas station for sale,

going rate, in running condition was ~$500.

I looked at a few, then other things came up before I found the *right* one.

:doh:

see, that's not how you're supposed to do it. You're supposed to buy the first one you see, and then start looking for better ones. :yes:

If/when I buy enough land to park them on, I want to have an M35 (or the 5 ton variant, I guess, M54? I forget), an M715, and a J10 or J20, in that order.

I could do without the M715 or the J-truck, but the M35/5ton is REQUIRED. Why? To haul my other jeeps back home when they break down or I break em wheeling :rotf:

An XJ will fit in the bed of an M35 and only hang off by about a foot. Not sure how close a SWB MJ comes to fitting, but I could definitely flat tow one no problem... while carrying an XJ.