Brought home a.......

Dirteatr717

I brought her home yesterday and I can't even drive her yet :fs1:Its an 88 Iroc and It has 70k on the motor(350 tpi) and the tranny is shot... theres no 3rd gear, I'm assuming the previous owner missed a gear :shake: ? and theres also no clutch but everything else is pretty much solid jamminz.gif I think ill name her Roxanne

38463_440021057958_643942958_6006692_725873_n.jpg

37849_440043407958_643942958_6007317_1297450_n.jpg

and both of my babies :banana:

34344_440369262958_643942958_6016067_7056516_n.jpg

Always good to have a "go fast" toy too. Looks like you didn't do bad...... Pro stars, drag radials, ( I'm guessing NT555's?) etc. I'm far from a chevy guy, but have a friend who's dropping a built LS1 in a 3rd gen, so I'm around them quite a bit.

:thumbsup:

score! thats one of my dream cars right there. almost bought two (one was parts) but had to buy a jeep instead. besides i already have a 5spd 97 maxima thats my pavement pounder

remember to post lots o' pics :cheers:

i had a late 86 IROC (after they changed the trans over to a Getrag from GM), 305 4BBL jamminz.gif , 5 spd, t-tops..........and it had 5 mudflaps. 4 on the car and 1 on the back of my head! :brows: One thing is fo sho, the ladies loved that car. So did I!

Did 110mph going through the I-64 Hampton Tunnel about 1am one night. The tunnel lights were flashing by so fast it looked like Luke Skywalker when he hit light speed LOL. There were four of us in the car and when I grabbed third heading in to the tunnel everybody just got quiet. I was staring straight ahead when the guy in the passenger seat calmly says "triple digits". About 5 seconds later a guy in the back says, "hey Jones, do you think someone is monitoring those cameras on the wall this time of night?". As I approached the end of the tunnel I thought for sure Buford T. Justice was going to be waiting for me. Fortunately he wasn't. Oh, and my college roommate was beside me in his 85 Mustang GT the whole time.

The proper use of a minivan is emergency shelter when it starts raining at the junkyard :dunno:

(the row of old chrysler/plymouth minivans at my local you-pull-it is right next to the row of XJs/MJs, and they stay dryer inside even with missing doors)

Well there are 2 requirements you have to obey while driving the third gen..

1- Must have a dirty wife beater shirt on.

2- Must play loud Whitesnake

3- Mullet.

I fixed it for you.

Camaro the white-trash Ferrari

1- Must have a clean wife beater shirt on.

2- Must play loud rock music from the 80s and no rap.

this made me LOL and don't worry I'm not a I.R.O.C. hahah i took the headliner out today and the backerboard only has ONE crack and actually the floorboards are really good, theres only a few tiny spots of rust I'm dying to exterminate at the moment and I'm prob just going to rebuild the t-5( 18 and by myself? ) its a big task but hey itll be worth it right jamminz.gif

Theres more dog hair in that dang car then there is on my great dane :nuts:

1- Must have a dirty wife beater shirt on.

2- Must play loud Whitesnake

3- Mullet.

I fixed it for you.

Camaro the white-trash Ferrari

When I went to tech school, we had "Hot rod U". Basically, it was a huge shop full of cars to play with... Ricers, small domestics, and in the fleet, one 3rd gen Z-28 Camaro, fully decked out. Guess which one my group picked... :brows: The Z. We did some head work, aftermarket throttle body, and some exhaust... But the best part was that for every dyno run, you had to dawn the mullet wig hanging from the rear view mirror. :clapping:

Rob L.

Always good to have a "go fast" toy too. Looks like you didn't do bad...... Pro stars, drag radials, ( I'm guessing NT555's?) etc. I'm far from a chevy guy, but have a friend who's dropping a built LS1 in a 3rd gen, so I'm around them quite a bit.

:thumbsup:

DING DING DING right on the money with the tires(275 wide) and a think a 350 is just fine in that engine bay, Ls1s are pretty cool 8)

DING DING DING right on the money with the tires(275 wide) and a think a 350 is just fine in that engine bay, Ls1s are pretty cool 8)

Thought they looked familiar, I just bought a new set (same size and all) for my drag lites. Ive had good luck in the past w/ them, just don't expect too long out of them. Gotta love those t-5's too, 3rd gear is always 1st to check out. Keep us updated, most of us are car guys too. :yes:

Thought they looked familiar, I just bought a new set (same size and all) for my drag lites. Ive had good luck in the past w/ them, just don't expect too long out of them. Gotta love those t-5's too, 3rd gear is always 1st to check out. Keep us updated, most of us are car guys too. :yes:yeah Abe Lincolns head is all there :shake: I'm thinking about a t-56 swap if i can find one but no luck with either :(

Thought they looked familiar, I just bought a new set (same size and all) for my drag lites. Ive had good luck in the past w/ them, just don't expect too long out of them. Gotta love those t-5's too, 3rd gear is always 1st to check out. Keep us updated, most of us are car guys too. :yes:

2nd gear bit the dust in ours. :yes: