Best Crew Cab Pickup?

NWPhotog

Right now I am using a Tacoma for work (on site computer work and equipment roll outs). It is too small. I am thinking of 2000-2006 Tundra Crew Cab or 2002-2008 Dodge 1500 Crew Cab. Any feelings on reliability of these two? Any alternative suggestions? Thanks!

i kind of like the nissan titan...don't know if i'd buy a new one as i've always been a chevy guy, but they're pretty comfortable and have a decent amount of power... my friend runs a used car lot, and he had an '06 V8 one for sale a while ago that we used to bring all the gear and boats up to maine with for one of our drinking (uh i mean canoe :rotf:) trips.... we towed a 26ft. enclosed car trailer loaded with 8 or 9 canoes and a metric ton of camping gear with it from RI through the white mountains up into maine... power wasn't an issue, but the suspension was kind of weak to be pulling a trailer that big... if it was my truck and i was going to be towing a trailer that big with it regularly, i would either throw a set of helper springs or helper airbags on it, but other than that i liked it..

Sales for the Tundra & Titan are way off of predictions and were before the economy collapse. The next Titan is actually going to be a re-badged Ram as the Titan cannot stand on its own even sharing a platform with the SUV and, to some extent, the Frontier.

Sales for the Tundra & Titan are way off of predictions and were before the economy collapse. The next Titan is actually going to be a re-badged Ram as the Titan cannot stand on its own even sharing a platform with the SUV and, to some extent, the Frontier.

This rebadge fell through when the bancruptcy happened. There will be no rebadged ram for Nissan.

I bought a brand new Ford f150 back in 05,It was a great truck and never gave me any problems.

some friends had about the same year ram 1500 at the same time and IMO the ford was much nicer,my friends even liked my ford better then their ram

I bought a brand new Ford f150 back in 05,It was a great truck and never gave me any problems.

some friends had about the same year ram 1500 at the same time and IMO the ford was much nicer,my friends even liked my ford better then their ram

Why? From what I have seen the Dodge is much nicer.

Why? From what I have seen the Dodge is much nicer.

:agree:

I'd go with the Toyota Tundra that you mentioned. It seems you don't need a true full size pickup and this truck rides and drives like a car. It's a great truck to buy because of it's size, but I think you can get a similar priced Chevy or Ford also. Toyota holds it's value. Why don't you test drive all four, that's the only way to really know what one to buy.

I'd go with the Toyota Tundra that you mentioned. It seems you don't need a true full size pickup and this truck rides and drives like a car. It's a great truck to buy because of it's size, but I think you can get a similar priced Chevy or Ford also. Toyota holds it's value. Why don't you test drive all four, that's the only way to really know what one to buy.

Good point. I use to be a Chevy man like my dad but I totally dislike the current Chevy design. My wife and I have had 3 Toyota's including 2 pickups that have been great to own. I find the current Tundra design to be a bit bloated but really like the 2000-2007 design. The current Dodge design seems fine but the cost break of the slightly older one, 2002-2008, makes sense since I will end up putting a ton of miles on it. Nothing wrong with the current Ford design, I just like the Tundra and Dodge better. I need to do quite a bit more research before pulling the trigger, just hoping to get feedback on reliability and such. Thanks every one.