I THINK I FOUND A FSM ON DISK

Ok I was searching around and found this http://www.mediatechholdings.com/index.php?cPath=22_44 I emailed them to verify it is a FSM and not a Chiltons. Also I am working on getting a Chiltons guide uploaded for people to reference to. And this FSM is going to also be buying the FSM and uploading it IF its a FSM. Thought Id share the info for you guys that may want this.

Cole

I just thought Id like to be able to print out what I need and then use it till It gets to much grease on it and then print out another ;) Also some others wanted a FSM on disk so I was putting this out there for them.

Cole

Just kidding. The french really fubuared the manuals, and if it is for the mid '80s then that would be it. Original AMC manuals are actually outstanding for the most part with detailed explanations and actual photo's, not just drawings. The one I have for my 73 Hornet is way better than anything DCX uses now.

Somewhere I have a box full of old Jeep manuals. If I find 'em I'll put the duplicates up for sale.

It might have relevent information regarding the 2.8L, but for the 2.5L the chrysler FSM makes WAY more sense.

Why?

It's an AMC engine. The Chrysler FSM makes sense if you have a 91 or 92 with the Chrysler injection & ignition. It's worthless if you have an earlier 2.5L with the throttle body injection and Renix ignition.

Some people claim the sale to Chrysler was completed in 1987, although the paperwork for my 1988 XJ, which I bought in early 1988, all says I bought it from AMC. The 1988 model year is the last year accepted as "AMC" by the AMC Owners Group. The 1989 and 1990 service manuals were obviously published under Chrysler auspices. However, Chrysler didn't really get involved in the engineering until the 1991 model year. I rather suspect that at least the 1989 FSM is pretty straight AMC. Dunno about 1990. I don't have a copy of either one, so I can't really say.

I rather suspect that at least the 1989 FSM is pretty straight AMC. Dunno about 1990. I don't have a copy of either one, so I can't really say.

The '89 and '90 FSMs are very similar, two volumes each (Electrical & Body/Engine) with much of the text/diagrams being identical. Both were "published" by Chrysler, don't know what AMC's manuals look like.

back when i worked at the jeep dealer in town they had some manuals left over that they were getting rid of. saved the MJ ones though (nice thing about workin at a dealer). anyways, i got ones that were 86, 87, and 88. i now also have the 91 manuals since Rob gave me those with my 91. the 86 and 87 are AMC everything. the 88 looks for the most part just like the 86 and 87 only it has Chryslers markings on it with AMCs info. it is for the most part an AMC manual just like the 86 and 87 but has Chyslers marks on it like logos and copyright info. and everyone here should know that the 91s are totally different because it has the info for the stuff that Chysler added to these things.

and like what Eagle said about buyin his 88 XJ new saying that it is still an AMC; my 88 MJ on the title and ins and stuff said it was an American Motor Corp pickup just like my 86. but my 91 says it is a Jeep pickup.

Alex

the amc owners association recognizes 87 as the last AMC year.

chrysler did not make any major changes to the desig until the HO MY in 91.

So an AMC manual should be good up until 91. I use an 88 FSM with my 87, and it's pretty much all the same with some exceptions like the fuel pump ballast resistor.

sometimes wire colors are different, leading me to find the connector and which pin the wire is. I then write the new color in the 88 book.