I THINK I FOUND A FSM ON DISK

The wire colours aren't always right in my 89 book with an 89.

Hell, the 06 schematics I use at work aren't always right with the wiring colors.

I have always been led to believe that the ZJ was the last vehicle design actually done, for the most part, by AMC.

The wire colours aren't always right in my 89 book with an 89.

Hell, the 06 schematics I use at work aren't always right with the wiring colors.

I have always been led to believe that the ZJ was the last vehicle design actually done, for the most part, by AMC.

true, and that's why it was the last suv to not have an independent suspension.

THe guy that designed the XJ front suspension was in charge of the zj one too.

my 88 MJ on the title and ins and stuff said it was an American Motor Corp pickup just like my 86. but my 91 says it is a Jeep pickup.

Alex

Here are what my titles say:

1990 MJ - AMER (bought this one new)

1989 MJ - JPEG (???)

1988 MJ - AMER

true, and that's why it was the last suv to not have an independent suspension.

THe guy that designed the XJ front suspension was in charge of the zj one too.

The WJ (Grand Cherokee redesign, introduced in 1999) still used solid axles, front and rear. The rear, of course, was that worthless aluminum "Dana 44," but at least it was a solid axle.

Chrysler DID buy AMC in 1987 but they let AMC have a big say at first since they didnt know anything about the models they sold. My 87 has chrysler and AMC markings on certain parts and it is the same on alot of the MJ and XJs during the intitial change over. CDX did own AMC but the AMC name lived alittle while after they bought them. I did a research project on jeep history that was 7 pages long from the late 30s to present (well 04 was when I done it) I found alot out in the report that I wouldnt even have thought wouldve went on Including the whole deal with the military selling the plans Willys had done for the M series military jeep to ford and Kaiser then backing out of the contract with Willys cause the other 2 took the designs WO had done and made them Better. Ford was the biggest winner on this deal and it was the rough start for the jeep name.

Thought Id throw in alittle history for ya.

Cole