Time for exhaust...

New truck is running good now so it's time to fix the hole in the muffler. What is a good aggressive sounding one i can throw in the old ones place? Flowmaster? Thrush? Dynomax?

Thanks guys i know i'm a pain. sry.

I always thought the glasspack on my brothers TJ sounded ricey :ack: .

Flowmaster 40 or super 44 is the way to go definately, the 40 on my MJ sounds awesome, and it is hardly noticable when cruising (wind noise is WAY louder), and the super 44 my brother replaced the ricebox tube with on his TJ is louder and even more throaty sounding.

I'm really beating on the glasspack, I can't stand the sound on anything but a V8, and contrary to belief they are very restrictive due to all the baffles causing turbulance inside... The only glasspacks Id ever run are thrush, because instead of louvers like in most glasspacks, they have a perforated tube. In fact I do run these glasspacks, on the Mustang though, love the sound on a V8.

I've always had good luck with Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers. Aluminized ones are pretty cheap. I would go stainless if I lived in the Rust Belt. Not too obnoxious, but loud enough to know its not stock.

Hard to beat Magnaflow. But more $.

Both of the above actually flow better than "Flowmaster".

I've been very happy with my Gibson Superflow. I used it to replace a worn out cherry bomb that the previous owner had on there. I have the 2.5, and I really wanted to get rid of the fart-can sound. So I went Gibson because I had a lot of recommendations that they had a "deeper" sound. So far I like it - I've heard it side-by-side with a friend who has a Flowmaster on his 2.5 TJ, and mine sounds closer to a V6. Deeper tone at idle, less raspy when revving, and I don't get any drone in the cab. It doesn't start getting noisy until I'm up above 4K in rpm's. I'd imagine it'd sound even better on a 4.0.

I found mine on sale through JCWhitney for the same price as the Flowmaster. I think I paid about $80, IIRC.

Hehe, I once ran straight pipes with dual slash cut 3" truck tips on a '02 3800 Chevy Impala (for about 3 days). Sounded like a big block dump truck with no exhaust on startup, and at idle sounded like a cammed V8.

The drone was literally painfull. :ack: :dunce:

I'm runnin a red devil glasspack on my cherokee and love it. rumbles until about 2200 rpm, then starts gettin loud 8) It drones ( but that might also be because I have no tailpipe.)

Always wanted to try a blue bottle...

Magnaflows sound awesome.

Just my 0.02 cents

I'm just getting ready to order a complete exhaust (exhaust from manifold to Cat, Cat, muffler and tail pipe. I have a flowmaster 40 and the cat has been cut out. I really think it sounds ricey especially at low speeds in residential areas.

Mac...