if it werent for CC

STERLING STINGER

i can't believe in the few months here at CC, I'm able to do things like this. :banana:

i would of NEVER attempted anything like this before

think this was bad???

thank god for cool friends....

I'm puttin these on tonight along with pads....

ill keep you posted if you care.....

thanks again dudes!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

its nuts

i have quickbooks and keep track of all expenses

mechanic was $6000 in 2008....$8000 in 2009

i only have 2 manches....

i was getting ripped SO bad!!!!

whatever, live and learn :thumbsup:

hey.... i didnt need to ask any questions to do this!!! jamminz.gif

I'm stoked about this, i feel like i moved up a level in a video game :nuts: :banana:

Great job :thumbsup: Its a good feeling when you do it yourself I used to then quit for a while to to poor health and have been doing alot of my own again even did my motor last year which I swore I would never do again was not as bad as I thought.

someone told me they needed to be changed every 30000 miles

hes not right, right?

The original front u-joints on my '88 XJ lasted approximately 275,000 miles, and that includes wheeling at Paragon in PA, the Mohawk Trail region of MA, a secret trail (now closed) in RI, and some puttering around on fire roads and such in New Mexico.

someone told me they needed to be changed every 30000 miles

hes not right, right?

The original front u-joints on my '88 XJ lasted approximately 275,000 miles, and that includes wheeling at Paragon in PA, the Mohawk Trail region of MA, a secret trail (now closed) in RI, and some puttering around on fire roads and such in New Mexico.

Greasable?

I'm puttin these on tonight along with pads....

ill keep you posted if you care.....

thanks again dudes!

As Cadences' daddy would say - if he wasn't constantly getting banned from the CC- We are proud of you Kid ;)

Just think of how much money you saved by not paying some shop to do it for you. :ack:

now you can go out and buy some more stuff for you MJ :banana:

:agree:

That about says it all, plus when you Do-it-yourself, you catch the little extras that most shops don't bother with, like didn't the OP have a engine swapped, and the mechanic left in old crapped out battery cables :roll:

As Cadences' daddy would say - if he wasn't constantly getting banned from the CC- We are proud of you Kid ;)

Looks like he's also taking a break from the XJ forum:

"... and goblazers_6 are both officially DQ's from this months competition and will not be allowed to participate in COM for the next 3 months.

Than the MOD spanked him some more:

"...I am truly disappointed in the fact that a friendly competition has dropped to such a low point that one feels they must cheat to win. It's not only childish behavior but very disappointing..." image_209027.gif

Looks like he's also banned from the XJ forum:

"... and goblazers_6 are both officially DQ's from this months competition and will not be allowed to participate in COM for the next 3 months.

Than the MOD spanked him some more:

"...I am truly disappointed in the fact that a friendly competition has dropped to such a low point that one feels they must cheat to win. It's not only childish behavior but very disappointing..." image_209027.gif

Am i missing something :hmm:

I didnt know Darren got banned ....again.....

Cadence was born this morning (March 6th) at 1:41 am. 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. She's doing great, and I'm feeling pretty good too. We'll get to take her home Monday morning. Maybe Darren can post a few pictures when his timeout is over.

Banned may have been a bit harsh - I think he is in time out :D

Cadence was born this morning (March 6th) at 1:41 am. 7 pounds 9 ounces and 19 3/4 inches long. She's doing great, and I'm feeling pretty good too. We'll get to take her home Monday morning. Maybe Darren can post a few pictures when his timeout is over.

Banned may have been a bit harsh - I think he is in time out :D

Thats funny, when the baby gets a little older he can explain to her what it feels like to be put in time out. :rotfl2:

I need to do the same repair on my '89 Pioneer. My front right u-joint is so badly worn I can take the axle shaft and wiggle is around a good 1/4". Although, I'm not sure what else has been damaged because of this. I'm assuming there is some sort of seal in the front axle that is toast due to the axle shaft bouncing around. Maybe even a bearing? Been looking for an exploded view of the D30 to figure it all out.

I need to do the same repair on my '89 Pioneer. My front right u-joint is so badly worn I can take the axle shaft and wiggle is around a good 1/4". Although, I'm not sure what else has been damaged because of this. I'm assuming there is some sort of seal in the front axle that is toast due to the axle shaft bouncing around. Maybe even a bearing? Been looking for an exploded view of the D30 to figure it all out.

most likely nothing has been damaged by this. there could be other components worn out from old age/use/abuse, but a failing u-joint will not harm anything unless it actually breaks in which case often-times the axleshaft does not survive