NOS Comanche Bed Side FOUND

sinkrun

I was a at not so local parts store today getting a waterpump and some other things when I asked for a filter for the comanche. I got to talking to the guy behind the counter about my comanche. When he says you want a bedside for that? I said what a used one hes says no a NOS one that was bought 12 yrs ago by his buddy. He said he went along when he bought it from a dealer he had to drive from PA to geroria just to get it.

I said sure I want it starting to write down my number and hes allready on the phone with him. He tells me sure its here( I am not going to publish the price as I may not keep it). It fiqures its the drivers side and that was replaced on mine back in the mid 90`s and never driven in the snow after and its perfect. Have no idea what its worth he said its has light surface rust on it from sitting in covered cold storage. Any suggestions on what to pay? And is the front and rear of a MJ wheel openoing the same? What I am getting at is if the centre section is cut out could I flip it for the other? I am going to get this in the morning hes even briging it halfway for me.

If you think it should be on a wall, then I think you have too many Comanches running around your area.

I agree...made to be used. You just need to find a project worthy of using it. jamminz.gif

I think getting a CAD rendering of it would be a nice idea, just to have the exact measurements in case someone wants to have a shop reproduce one. Or drop it off at a metal shop and have them start banging out copies. hanging on the wall would be nice but kinda a waste.

I think getting a CAD rendering of it would be a nice idea, just to have the exact measurements in case someone wants to have a shop reproduce one. Or drop it off at a metal shop and have them start banging out copies. hanging on the wall would be nice but kinda a waste.

If you ever seen how automotive body panels are produced, you would know that they can't just be banged out. most body panels are made in multi ton presses in dyes that stamp out one part or body line in a panel at a time. If jeep kept the original dyes for these panels, that would be the best way to reproduce the panels. But with the demand so low, if they even still have the dyes, theres no way they can make the cost low enough on them to justify producing more of them.

If you ever seen how automotive body panels are produced, you would know that they can't just be banged out. most body panels are made in multi ton presses in dyes that stamp out one part or body line in a panel at a time. If jeep kept the original dyes for these panels, that would be the best way to reproduce the panels. But with the demand so low, if they even still have the dyes, theres no way they can make the cost low enough on them to justify producing more of them.

well it shouldn't be to hard to get at least the angles of the bends in the bed sides. not so much the tail light housing, bottom corner. throw some sheet metal in a break and bend up some reproductions (a member had just that done not long ago). it would work out because the majority of our trucks rust out around the rear flairs. and I understand the concept of production price vs the demand, I'm not saying any one should run out and start a Comanche bed side reproduction business, I was just saying its an idea and would be sweet for our club if it did happen.

I have it, not as bad as I thought would not deal on price any. There is a local sheet metal shop thats a fairly large one maybe I will take it over and see what they say about making patch panels? I will get some pics if it ever stops raining here.

I have it, not as bad as I thought would not deal on price any. There is a local sheet metal shop thats a fairly large one maybe I will take it over and see what they say about making patch panels? I will get some pics if it ever stops raining here.

I bet you could:

1) bring it to the shop

2) get prices on exact match patch panel

3) sell that NOS bedside for the patch panel $$, and still have some bucks left over.

• 2 weeks later...