1990 Rebirth ('97 Conversion)

Whats included in the 3" lift? Mileage on it, etc? Put me first in line and congrats on the purchases! I loved my Clayton's stuff and it took some serious abuse.

RockMJ

The lift will at least be the Hell Creek 3" leaf springs (with bushings), shocks all around and possibly the U-bolts. I'm not going to include the front coils for two reasons: the first being that I'm going to use them with the ACOS and I'd rather not buy another set of springs since I have some already. The second is that if I were going to do the 3" HC springs in the back again, I'd pair them with a 3.5" spring upfront. Before deciding to do the SOA and ACOS, I had considered buying a set of 3.5" coils or some 3/4" spacers because I've been rubbing so much on my bumper end caps. I've only got about 7k miles on the lift (and the tires).

Do you have any advice for the flat flares?

Sounds good on the lift. I can pick up a set of RE 3.5" coils no problem. Just let me know when your ready to sell the stuff and ill take it. As for the fender flares, if I knew now how they fit before cutting the body I would have been better off. Point being, for the rears you are almost better off not removing the lip of the fender like the directions tell you to and instead just drilling holes lower and bending that seam inwards to fit them better. I did not have this information before I started cutting and at that point it was all but too late. Biggest bit of advice I can give you is be patient and take your time. Measure, measure, and measure again. I made them work but I'm not 100% pleased with the way the rears are. Thats mainly due to me being super picky about things. Ill likely take them off at some point and try my hand at making them fit better somehow. Hope that helps, but if you have any questions just ask man

RockMJ

Sounds good on the lift. I can pick up a set of RE 3.5" coils no problem. Just let me know when your ready to sell the stuff and ill take it. As for the fender flares, if I knew now how they fit before cutting the body I would have been better off. Point being, for the rears you are almost better off not removing the lip of the fender like the directions tell you to and instead just drilling holes lower and bending that seam inwards to fit them better. I did not have this information before I started cutting and at that point it was all but too late. Biggest bit of advice I can give you is be patient and take your time. Measure, measure, and measure again. I made them work but I'm not 100% pleased with the way the rears are. Thats mainly due to me being super picky about things. Ill likely take them off at some point and try my hand at making them fit better somehow. Hope that helps, but if you have any questions just ask man

RockMJ

were they designed for the cherokee or for the comanche? i want some too

I spoke to Carolina Truggies today and I am on their schedule for the re-gear and the SOA conversion for July 9th. I decided to stay with the Chrysler 8.25, so I need to swing by the junk yard and pick one up in the coming weeks.

I was all set on Duratracs again when I thought about 33s. Now that I'm leaning toward 35s, I was disappointed to find that Goodyear doesn't make a Duratrac in 35x12.50x15. The BFG all terrain just isn't aggressive enough for me, but its a very light tire. The General Grabber AT 2 is relatively inexpensive, slightly more aggressive, but its a lot heavier. The next best option seems to be the BFG KM2. I had them on my TJ and really liked them. They are very light, but I'm having a hard time finding a good deal on them. They've gone up almost $50 a piece since I bought mine for the TJ. I can't seem to find any for under $1,000 shipped (for four). I think they are on national back order any way. Discount tire has four sets coming in on the 25th and only one set isn't accounted for. I'm tempted to go ahead and get them and hope that they work. I'd hate to not get these and then have to wait 6 weeks once I make a decision to get them. But then if I get them and decide I really want 33s... I really wish I could just get a set of 33s and 35s, mount them both and see how they look before I commit.

I ordered a track bar for 4-6" of lift. I'm starting to think I may need to swap it out for the 6-8" version. I guess it just depends on what my 2wd leafs give me in the back. I still want to keep some rake. I'm starting to stress a bit since so much money is involved and I don't want to "mess up" my truck.

You'll dig the ACOS...I love them on my XJ. Aside from fine tuning the front to rear rake, they are also great for getting it perfectly level from side to side, too.

You'll also have the flexibility to tweak the height later on if you change front bumpers, add a winch, etc

My spring over axle conversion kit (perches, shock mounts, etc.), Bushwackers and wheels came in today. Still waiting on the track bar which should be in any day now. I need to go ahead and order my new 8.25. I should be able to pick it up maybe next Friday. I want to mock up the suspension this weekend so I can decide between 33s and 35s. Then I just have to pick a tire. From there it will be a wait until the first of July when my re-gear is completed. At that point I can install the long arms, the new axle, ACOS and measure for bump stops and shocks. Summer is going to be half over before I finish this.

I can't wait to show you guys my wheel choice. Some of you guys will hate it while others will totally love it. I haven't decided which camp I'm in yet. Not quite ready to show yet though; give me a week and a half or so.

Well, I got one bushwacker flare on. I will be busy all weekend, but I've got Monday off, so hopefully I can get at least the other front one done. I'm picking up the new 8.25 Monday morning too.

Photobucket isn't cooperating right now, so hopefully the picture will show up at some point.

The wheels are 15s. I wanted a C class tire and they are easier to find with a 15" wheel. Tires are much cheaper too. Plus the wheel I picked didn't even come in the finish I wanted in a 16" or a 17". I should be able to show you something next weekend.

Almost sounds like you chose the MT Black Classic Locks. They only make them for our BP in 15's, but they are sexy wheels. MJ looks good man!

RockMJ

I was thinking M/T sidebitters thats why i said 16s or 17s

all in good time ........

Them flat bush wackers do look so cool :thumbsup:

I got the other front Bushwacker installed. I cut the fender liner too short on the driver side, but I'm not going to sweat it for now. The back two will have to wait until next weekend. I also picked up my new 8.25:

You can see my improvised bed mat in there too.

I used ZJ rear discs on my 8.25". All you have to do is open up the center hole in the caliper bracket because the axle tube on the 8.25 is larger than the tube on the ZJ...they all had D35's.

It is simple to do.

really. youd probably have an easier time finding the ZJ discs than KJs. i don't think ive ever seen a KJ in the local pull a part yards down here. the more expensive "jeep only" yards yes, but who is going to pay those prices :shake:

if you go ZJ, grab the tie rod for a quick, cheap upgrade. has to be a V8 ZJ though.