Not the " LAST OF THE MANCHES " 2-92 build project.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. :cheers:

Just an FYI, primer is not paint. if you want your roof color to last, you'll want to hit it with a paint so that it's sealed against the elements. primer doesn't seal. :thumbsup:

Very nice. :cheers:

Just an FYI, primer is not paint. if you want your roof color to last, you'll want to hit it with a paint so that it's sealed against the elements. primer doesn't seal. :thumbsup:

Yeah its already needing done , this week I'm looking at something more permanent . Any suggestions anyone ?

I would like to eventually put a nice gloss finish on that when I paint it , but thats a couple of months out .

So for now I guess something like a flat or satin finish would be cool .

Awesome! I like how the red matches the stripe on the side of the truck... way to coordinate!

Ya got the mushroom belt , ya gotta go with the mushroom socks ... :brows:

• 1 month later...

I found a couple of pics of my rear brake lines and other random shots of the D44 Tera disc brake backing plates and SYE shaft for reference by request . :thumbsup:

Got some more pics the other day , for those Military guys behold NORAD :

Trucks always look better in the sunlight...

I don't know about that. mine tend to get better looking as darkness approaches. :yes:

totally what i was thinking,

then i scrolled down and see you put that :rotf:

You guys need paint ... :shake:

i love them late modle decals on the manches

Thanks ! I left them on for now , I'm thinking when I paint it I'll just throw the one red stripe down the side . I like to think of the stripes as Nike swooshes and the older

stripes Adidas , don't know why I see them that way ... :nuts: Its like the MJ switched sponsors in the 90"s .. :fool:

Love your truck man , clean and sassy at the same time almost like a sexy blond winkin atcha while holden a rocket launcher , lol . Nice truck makes for alot of nice pictures to . Keep'r wheels down ! :cheers: :cheers:

Love your truck man , clean and sassy at the same time almost like a sexy blond winkin atcha while holden a rocket launcher , lol . Nice truck makes for alot of nice pictures to . Keep'r wheels down ! :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks man , Its all about this site right here , before these guys if someone were talking about an MJ , I would have said " I don't smoke" .... :chillin: :yes:

I'll have some more pics of stuff I've been working once I have time .

I finished painting my D44 Diff cover last week , got it installed with some cheerleader bolts . Also I've been working on a 96+ XJ console refurbish and install .

Before :

After:

Installed :

Got the console finished !

Before :

After :

The console dried to a satin matte finish and I'll probably throw a coat of clear on for better durability .

• 1 month later...

Thanks man , wow its been a while since I've put any updates on this thread . I've been slammed with work for months , can't really complain but I've been working on a few different drivetrains at the moment .

• 2 months later...

Hello all , its been a wile since I've had time to post anything Manche specific for quite some time . Been working on a couple things but the sun is starting to go down early around here

and it was time to work on the 92" .

A local guy down here in the Springs made me a front winch bumper and I finally got some beefy rubber to go with my lift .

The bumper is a Frank Z custom from NAXJA , built very well and over reinforced .

These are some pics of the install ...

The bumper looked so good I had to throw on some new rubber ...

I'm not usually a fan of that type of bumper, but your's looks pretty good. And those tires look huge! 33s or 35s?

Thanks ,

35"s x12.5 R15 , I wasn't a big fan of the bumper until I saw it on , now I love it . Sure helps the approach angle as well .

Damn, I think I'm in love with this truck. Looks great!! :bowdown:

Body is no where near as good of shape as yours but thanks . So far I've got to do the over axle track bar mount and long arms , truss or swap the turdy with a 44 .

After that everything but the motor and trans , electrical and bodywork will be completely restored . Witch is good because a couple of things REALLY need to be done , all the fun stuff is over , time to get to work .

Wiring on the old beast is starting to be a beeaaach , RMS is starting to leave puddles and I desperately need window motor bushings before mother nature starts to crap all over us again .