Not the " LAST OF THE MANCHES " 2-92 build project.

I have posted before , however I am starting a new thread on my truck .

Last of the manches project is a tribute to all of the Mj's and what it means to have one of the last of these great trucks .

This is my truck , I bought it bone stock in sept. 09. One drive around the block and I was hooked .

Its a 2-92 build , all stock , w/ 200k on the ticker. It looks clean but needs work. I am kind of a perfectionist .

So I am going to fix it up to the best of my abilities and keep it for a long time .

These are some pics after the new wheels and I cleaned the door panels .

All works are still in progress . Mostly with the help from you guys !!

before my door cleaning and paint:

After:

For those who like pics:

Tanks ahead of time for replies. :thumbsup:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks , I wanted to keep it amusing . Not just another bunch of pics .

I plan on doing allot more to the truck and I find it a challenge to find places all over Colorado to take unique and cool

pics . :drool:

More to come :)

Nice truck!

Just to let you know, your '92 didn't come with that 10 slot grille, it would have come with an 8 slot... so you should trade me that 10 slot grille and I'll get you whatever style 8 slotter you want :brows:

Have Fun, thats what these trucks are all about ;)

Wow "

I didn't ever even notice that , I always liked the front grill on the older Mj's

Mine was kind of nicked and faded , so I painted it right away . W/ Rustolium , tuff rust spray paint , to

protect and clean up the plastic and metal . :brows:

I would like to see one of the 8 slot grilles . I kinda like my hardcore look though .

I like old school stuff .

First off , thanks !! This is the start of my build I plan on allot of restoration more than modification , however

List of things I don't have the chedda' for :

5.5 " Rubicon Express Heavy duty long arm kit .

Rebuild my dana 44 rear w/ 411's and ARB lockers .

33" or 35" tires .

Armorology front and rear bumpers .

SYE kit .

SOA conversion.

Lots of bells and whistles . :brows:

And a big eeefff'nnn horn , so I can clear tourists out the way . jamminz.gif

I know there not the exact offset I need so I get a little rub with the wheel 3/4 over .

They are 15x10 w/ 4" offset . I had 15x8.5 w / 2" offset when I first got the truck but they rubbed on the outer fender flairs .

I wanted a beffy look out of a set of 31" s, so I went with that option . I have to put up with the rub until I get my big kit .

Working on that now .

Well Its been straight @$$ here , for a couple of weeks . I have not been able to work on my truck allot .

I got a new bumper from a shop here in town . I was so excited , I installed it in the snow .

Here are some pics . For anyone who cares . I also got a pic of this :

This is the new bumper , but I need to make new bumper brackets , because its about an inch low and an inch too

far out in my opinion .

Still have yet to weld the D rings and it needs a paint job !

Thanks. I like the look of how wide/deep they are. I have a set sitting around here, but I only think its like 15x7 or something like that, with close to stock backspacing... I would rather have a set like you got...

Rob L. :cheers:

if you don't want 'em, give them back...

15x7 is about perfect for oversize height tires in the 10.50 width range. and I can promise you...I didn't rub.

it would look better black . but back to upside down downside right thing...

looking at this pic it looks to me as it the bracket ie the bumper is upside down as that little bit hanging below the frame looks like it will fit on the top side of the frame.. i don't know but thats just how it looks to me and dad .

and whats wrong with you grammer i think mines worse......

I think black is cool as well !

I would like to stay with the stock bolt pattern on the frame . I'm going to take it back to the shop and have him remake new

brackets , I would do it myself , but I don't have time . Lots of other projects that should be done first . :D

well i erally think you should just flip the bumper and try it it might work...

and it only takes like what 10 mins...

Even if that does fit the taper at the ends of the bumper will not look right. I agree with take it back and have them fix it.

The shop is local so he might as well.