Not the " LAST OF THE MANCHES " 2-92 build project.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks !! I,m holding on to this one for sure !!

I think the last MJs , were built in 4-92 , or thats what I was told .

being that there were only about 1,000 , or less made that year . Also considering that allot of them were either wrecked or totaled .

Rusted and scrapped or modified beyond mostly stock . There just isn't that many left , if even in good shape .

There are allot of cool trucks out there , but the MJ , seemed to be a truck that had a little of everything that I wanted .

You should see all the big @ss lifted trucks , that get madd when I pull up next to them . Even with my truck being the smallest in

the lot . They give me all kinds of $#!& !! Must be little dick syndrome. :dunno:

Dave M.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright ! I got the shop to make new brackets for my bumper , I got the D" rings welded .

I'm trying to get it on this weekend with pics ! Thanks to all you guys who told me it was upside down , I would have

never guessed that was the problem . :nuts: :fool: :dunce:

Anywho , I,ll have pics up this weekend !

Thanks Sinkrun !

I picked up the new style bumper this weekend . Took me forever to finish getting it bolted , the truck must have been

in some small fender bender at some point . The mounts where a b*@$£ ! Still a little off but I,m satisfied for now .

How does it look ?

Image Not Found

These are some pics I threw together early today . I couldn't get anything cool and the pics suck but here they are .

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Got one of Balancing rock , for anyone who cares !

Image Not Found

Here's one with a better pic of the TJ seats .

Image Not Found

Here is a pic of my ugly mug that my wife took . :dunce:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Oh' and thanks pete , for the stickers ! :thumbsup:

Representin'

Image Not Found

trucks looking sweetttt, is your exhaust hanging just a tad? we don't have any cool rock formations out east, just the beach but thatll do haha

I looked at that myself ! Its on the stock hangars . I put a stupid chrome tip for looks but soon looking at new complete exhaust .

being that there were only about 1,000 , or less made that year . Also considering that allot of them were either wrecked or totaled .

Rusted and scrapped or modified beyond mostly stock . There just isn't that many left , if even in good shape .

There are allot of cool trucks out there , but the MJ , seemed to be a truck that had a little of everything that I wanted .

You should see all the big @ss lifted trucks , that get madd when I pull up next to them . Even with my truck being the smallest in

the lot . They give me all kinds of $#!& !! Must be little richard syndrome. :dunno:

Dave M.

my truck was made in 4-92......so all this info is accurate?

there were only 1000 made?

the lot . They give me all kinds of $#!& !! Must be little richard syndrome. :dunno:

Dave M.

my truck was made in 4-92......so all this info is accurate?

there were only 1000 made?

I believe so . I don't exactly know how many were made , I read on this site , somewhere ?

I do know they stopped production on the truck in 4/92" . So you have one of the very last MJ's ever produced !!! :thumbsup:

I bet pete or someone knows more about the exact numbers made in 92" .

I also thought that most of the 92" trucks were made in 91"

Anybody else have any more info or exact numbers ?

I can't find it now , but the thread was," How rare are the 91"-92" MJ's .

There was allot of info in that thread , thats were I got the idea of my build thread .

Here's me trying to do anything computer savy ! :popcorn: :brows: :redX: :typing: :huh???: :doh: :wall: :help:

Nice shift boot.

Ha , that crappy thing is from Auto Zone for like 15 bucks, or something .

I'm going to make a new one with REAL leather and red stitching , that truly fits .

I think its for a little rice burner , but kooks better than nothing . :driving:

Image Not Found

I'll totally be there this summer... :cheers:

Just make sure you bring that nice shiny motor with you ! :brows:

I'll show you anywhere you want to go . You could spend allot of time here and not even scratch the surface

of how many cool trails are here . However I just can't bring myself to go on highly difficult trails .

I don't plan on giving up my truck to mother nature . :shake:

Bring a camera too ! :thumbsup:

I finally got my wide 31" BFG 's to quit rubbing !! :banana:

You guys have probably done a million times better at this , but I wanted to show how I cut a very small section out of my front

fender, without cutting up the fender too much .

I'm not too proud of the inner plastic, but I'll fix that later .

I cut a small rectangle of metal about 1.5" - 2.0" inches out of the bottom back side of the inner fender well .

All the way back to the clip that bolts the bottom front quarter on . Without cutting the outer panel and body lines .

Any ruff or sharp edges were rolled and sanded smooth . I also slightly rounded the bottom quarter of the fender well , so that

in case of the tire ever going back that far , it won't tare up the tire too much . :shake:

Here are some pics .

This is for some guys that want a wider offset wheel and tire and don't have a major lift .

Here is a pic before I did the cuts , notice the jagged sheet metal edge under the middle of the inner panel .

I pretty much cut that back about 2" inches .

Now I have no rub anywhere , even with the wheel all the way over !!!! :beerhead:

I found some rust on my cab roof , upon further inspection I saw the rust had gotten down to the surface in several

areas . It didn't seem that bad , so I got pro-active and decided to sand and prime my cab roof .

Its just a light sand but I hope this will slow it down until spring , when I can spend allot more time getting a more

permanent coating .

Don't let those tiny spots fool you . I had to take most of that area down to the metal and then some .

Here you can see it spread . I did get most of it though .

Here are some pics of the finished cab hood . I used three cans of black primer .

Got to do some light wheeling during the weekend , now that I don't have any rub on my tires . :banana: Image Not Found

Doesn't look like much with my sh@ty camera , but its a straight 5'000 ft drop from here . :eek:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Just thought you guys would like some more pics . comancheB.gif

Just thought you guys would like some more pics . comancheB.gif

:thumbsup:

i absolutely love the scenery.

I like to see pics ! :drool:

Maybe one day you can cut -a-chogie on down here and we'll tare it up ! :chillin:

• 2 weeks later...

Just revising my thread to be more accurate . My truck is not even close to the last manche .

I thought it would be a cool build name though . Just out of respect for all the people on this site .

Free shots . nutkick.gif