Not the " LAST OF THE MANCHES " 2-92 build project.

Thanks , its been a while since I've had time to work on the 92" , or time to do anything for that matter but its been on my mind for about six months to get this V8 at least rebuilt and prepped for swap by spring . I'll try to use as much of the original wiring and parts that I can to keep cost down going into the 91" . Parts I know I'll need :

Novac V8 radiator

Ford 8.8 rear axle W/discs

Novac V8 motor mounts for the XJ

Block hugger headers

Custom made driveshaft

V8 coils for the front

Chromoly solid tie rod

Gauges

Parts that will have to be fabricated for sure ;

4 link for the 8.8

Steering and hydro assist

Trans mounting brackets

Dash panel and instrument cluster

Frame reinforcement and added bracing for over rear axle

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks , its been a while since I've had time to work on the 92" , or time to do anything for that matter but its been on my mind for about six months to get this V8 at least rebuilt and prepped for swap by spring . I'll try to use as much of the original wiring and parts that I can to keep cost down going into the 91" . Parts I know I'll need :

Novac V8 radiator

Block hugger headers

Custom made driveshaft

V8 coils for the front

Chromoly solid tie rod

Gauges

4 link for the 8.8

Trans mounting brackets

Why do you need hydraulic assist for a street vehicle? I don't see why you would need the stronger tie rod either.

Willy

Novac V8 radiator

Block hugger headers

Custom made driveshaft

V8 coils for the front

Chromoly solid tie rod

Gauges

4 link for the 8.8

Trans mounting brackets

Why do you need hydraulic assist for a street vehicle? I don't see why you would need the stronger tie rod either.

Willy

The tie rod and steering aren't an absolute but the stock parts are all wore out , I could pull some stuff at the yard or find some parts on line but by the time I find , pay for and install said parts , I might as well replace them with parts I'll eventually put on anyway , needed ? No , wanted ? Yes .

I drove a chopped and lowered V8 CJ , with a Vortec V8 that had a similar MJ front axle and steering set up . Handling was amazing and cornering with the steering was breeze .

one finger turning with big wide tires .

is that me or shocks r upside down?

btw great truck! I'm super fan of that bumper!

look like its from baja racing truck :cheers:

No those are RE mono tubes , Rebadged Bilstein's ...

The front bumper is set up for crawling , the boulders here in Colorado are unforgiving to say the least , most of the guys around here keep everything up and out of the way or you'll just smash it up anyway . I got the bumper because mine was more for looks , this one has the reinforced steering box bolts and the other bolts for rigidity , that way for recovery I won't stretch

out my header panel or EF up the unibody in any way .

is that me or shocks r upside down?

btw great truck! I'm super fan of that bumper!

look like its from baja racing truck :cheers:

No those are RE mono tubes , Rebadged Bilstein's ...

The front bumper is set up for crawling , the boulders here in Colorado are unforgiving to say the least , most of the guys around here keep everything up and out of the way or you'll just smash it up anyway . I got the bumper because mine was more for looks , this one has the reinforced steering box bolts and the other bolts for rigidity , that way for recovery I won't stretch

out my header panel or EF up the unibody in any way .

ah gotcha thats pretty important facts but still look great anyway! :thumbsup:

This truck is what its all about, just absolutely beautiful. Nice pics too, an awesome truck framed in some of God's best settings....

Thanks man , I haven't gotten around to building some of the things I set out to do this summer , but its getting there .

I finally got all the steering box bolts in and cleaned up and the rear bumper is in the works right now .

Bring it old man winter ...

• 2 weeks later...
very nice :clapping:

:thumbsup:

Working on the rear bumper right now , waiting to order JCR bumper brackets so I can see how much modification it will need , or if the old bumper will even work .

Got the new clevis hooks in as well .

This is the bumper I plan to mod ...

Your truck is looking good :thumbsup: ... I might have missed it, but isn't that bumper you plan to mod the one you used to have on the front of the truck? Are you looking to make any other mods to the bumper besides just how to mount it?

Thanks man , I should be working allot harder on my truck but then my ADD kicks in and thats all she wrote , I find myself just staring at my 91" in the back yard ... :drool:

Yes , that is the bumper from the front , I plan on shaving about 2" off the bottom and recut the ends to more of a tapper , It needs a receiver built in and chain hooks .

I already modified it before so it looks like this now ...

MJ Mike , that bumper looks wicked ... :brows:

I'd like to see what ya' got in mind . JCR makes them but I'd be open to something home brewed , beefy and custom is all I like .

Lets see 'em ... :popcorn:

That looks good , do you think I could get a set of those made with the bracket to match the shackle on the one side like in your pic .

Exactly the same but right where the upper shackle bolt runs through the shackle and frame , to have that side follow the contour of the frame bracket , Also at the end be a little longer so I can run a bolt through that last hole

at the end you can see in your pic .

I've seen one or two shackle brackets set up that way and thats kinda what I'm looking for . I may tow a small trailer or RV with this bumper so extra beefy is what I need .

Just PM me need be ...

my point is...what good is a truck with no usable tail gate?

and, if you're worried about cell phone drivers, why doesn't it wrap around the rear quarters?

It looks like there is enough room to slide the tailgate in and out , but I don't know .

I'm trying to figure it out myself ... :dunno:

he could have built it better so it sticks out on the end, and the tubing for the top rail could have been at a 45 or what ever angle needed to get to the bumper,

making it cell phone driver friendly, and practical at the same time,

its nice tho :thumbsup:

ohh yea back on topic,

damn your allready bad @$$ comanche is looking way more badass,

keep up the good work :yes: