This is why I love CC

Yesterday's Danish

Alright so I was going to meet Mike (comanche87) for a pair of bucket seats that he had. On the way I got a flat. It was a two lane road, which was much to narrow and someone decided to veer into my lane. I hit the curb trying not to hit him and shredded my passenger front tire.

So I give Mike a call and tell him I got a flat. He asks me where I'm at and after I figure out where the hell I am I let him know. He comes by in a few minutes and we get my cherokee out of the main road. We take out my spare and put it on. It's flat. Very flat. Mike had a full size spare on him, which was also kinda flat, but much better than the crappy donut I had. We stopped at a gas station on the way to get the seats to fill both of them up with air.

See, this is why I love this place. I've only met Mike a handful of times, yet he was willing to go out of his way to help me out AND give me his spare tire. Stories like this renew my faith in humanity.

Anyone else have any similar stories?

No stories like that one, but I will say that if it weren't for CC I would be a Comanche owner in a new state (I just moved to Wisconsin in June) with no friends around to speak of.

It is because of CC that I have met at least 5 guys within an hour of where I now live that share our love for these great trucks. I've met up with them on multiple occasions to work on the trucks or just to hang out for the day. Moving to a whole new place where you are all alone can be rough on a guy, but CC has made it much easier by giving me a SOLID friend base to start off with.

I can't thank Pete enough for putting up with all of the crap we give him, this is a great site and I am very happy to be a member here.

I like this site for many reasons; the people, the advice, and shared interest in MJ’s. But for my “similar story”; I commented on someone’s awesome front bumper and jokingly asked if they would make me one. He replied and said he would if I cover the supply cost. :banana: Never met this person, never did anything for him, he’s just the type of person who you find on this forum.

I purposely withheld is name as I don’t want the rest of you to get in on the action before I get my new bumper! And yes, I’ll be repaying the favor to another CC member.

all the guys i've met are jerks :nuts:

There are just SOOOO many very old expressions that cover this:

"It takes one to know one."

"Birds of a feather flock together."

And so on ... :banana: :brows:

Just kiddin'. Really. Honest. No, no I was only kidding.

all the guys i've met are jerks :nuts:

There are just SOOOO many very old expressions that cover this:

"It takes one to know one."

"Birds of a feather flock together."

And so on ... :banana: :brows:

Just kiddin'. Really. Honest. No, no I was only kidding.

Very sure Wade was just kidding too. :cheers:

Alright so I was going to meet Mike (comanche87) for a pair of bucket seats that he had. On the way I got a flat. It was a two lane road, which was much to narrow and someone decided to veer into my lane. I hit the curb trying not to hit him and shredded my passenger front tire.

So I give Mike a call and tell him I got a flat. He asks me where I'm at and after I figure out where the hell I am I let him know. He comes by in a few minutes and we get my cherokee out of the main road. We take out my spare and put it on. It's flat. Very flat. Mike had a full size spare on him, which was also kinda flat, but much better than the crappy donut I had. We stopped at a gas station on the way to get the seats to fill both of them up with air.

See, this is why I love this place. I've only met Mike a handful of times, yet he was willing to go out of his way to help me out AND give me his spare tire. Stories like this renew my faith in humanity.

Hey Ian. (Yesterday's Danish) no problem man. thats what freinds are for. to help others out. everyone here in this club are great people! ive learned alot and helped others in need. ive gotten lots of parts that i needed and had to have! ive also met new freinds too. maddzz1 (Jim), u, wbbkrazy (Wayne),and others. Jim helped me put tilt steering in, upgraded brake setup, swapped front axle over and other kool stuff. Wayne went out of his way and helped me convert my truck over to 4wd!. if it wasnt for people here i wouldnt have gotten much done and learned about this great truck!!!!! thanks to all here. everyone is a huge help!!!!