RIP Piper.

Geonovast

Earlier today we had to put our dog down. Her name was Piper, she was a 7-10 year old(not entirely sure) Boston Terrier. She'd developed some sort of brain tumor, over the last month she quickly developed bad seizures, she wouldn't listen to us anymore, and would pee and poop on the carpet whenever she had to instead of asking to go out. Final decision came last night/this morning when she started biting at us, which she had never bitten at anyone before. We couldn't take the chance of her attacking the baby. Two vet-tech friends of mine agreed she couldn't have had more than a month or so left anyway. At least this way she didn't go during a seizure.

l_9c4bcc8f3c4a4142866f2661c59f4644.jpg

l_f1dc3ce9eda84174997e814268dbc1e0.jpg

It is true, dogs are mans best friend and often times even more than that. I have lost two goldens in the last 3 years. First was 'Sam' a victim of undetected cancer at 8 years old that he never showed signs of having, and then 'Bo', who was 15 years old and could not overcome old age. They were my childhood best friends and never let me down.

May Piper rest in peace. I am sure she will be missed dearly.

She will be missed. Worst of the worst though, is that this is the third animal my GF has lost this summer. First a 13 year old Rotweiler/lab mix, who she had since she was a puppy, and a 13 year old cat a few weeks later, who she'd also had since she was a kitten.

MAN, I AM VERY SORRY to hear this man!! Loosing you bud is one of the toughest things in life!! Personally, I have lost two so far, both Black Labs, both named "SPORT" the first one was a child hood pet, who developed heart worm and he lost his mind. (Long ago when such things where not so easily treated.) The second SPORT was bought from a known breeder in 1986. He was with me everyday, all day until 1992 when he died of lymphosarcoma, a cancer in my arms. BAD DAY to say the least.

Our current dog, RILEY is a 130# Rot and he is just eleven. Not allot more for him I fear. Not looking forward too that day.

Chin up, I'm sure you gave him a good run.

CW

I hold my animals in higher regard than I do most people, including some family members. Putting my childhood pet down was the hardest thing Ive ever done. I laid in bed for a whole week after that, and moped around for a whole month after that. I feel for ya. Its just gonna take time.

Sorry for your loss. Its amazing how much our pets become part of the family. We had to have our buddy "Jake" put down last summer after 12 years. I still find myself calling for him once in a while when I walk in the door.

:( Hang in there Correy.

Perri is 14 and had recently started going downhill, but we think we've figured out why, and he's started getting his appetite back so here's hopin' for a couple more years with the ol' guy. It was hard enough when my cat (20) passed last winter. My animals are like kids to me.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL91/512063/712441/122806488.jpg

Sorry to hear that Correy... Loosing a pet is never good.

I can't imagine what I'd do if my bird died. He flew away a few winters ago, and I felt so horrible. I went out to warm up my truck in the snow, and forgot he was perched on my shoulder... :wall: I chased him down the block and into a tree 30 feet up, but then lost him after he took off. I searched for what seemed like forever. I finally called it, being 30 degrees out, and him being a tropical parrot. It was just too cold for him. I started walking back to the house, and saw him on the ground. :( Then he moved and flew a block over, and I pinned him against a garage door. I couldnt imagine if I had really lost him. But enough of my tangent.

My condolences Correy. Its never easy.

Rob L.