First Restoration Project

Getting the itch to pull it out of the garage this spring.  I foresee no more salt on the roads so on Monday it will get full insurance on it again.  I had big plans on replacing all weather seals on the windows and putting new door speakers in.  I am going with 6.5" speakers so I have a spare door to play around with to get it right the first time.  I have two amps and a 12" sub to build a box for.  Nothing got done this winter as usual.  I never have enough time to complete anything having a family now.  Not that I would trade anything, but I would like to get it done this spring.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

these trucks are like legos.  as long as you have a place to stash the extra parts, you can mix and match with how you feel that day. :D   I currently have 4 different sets of rims/tires for my MJ trailer :laugh:  

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally broke down and bought new tires, boy what a nice surprise it rides much better! Also found out my OE body motor mount brackets were hitting my Brown Dog brackets and transferring vibration. Removed and modified, can't believe I have been dealing with it for 10 years!!

Took my son to the tire store and he was so happy playing with old shocks, springs, and collecting Schrader valves he didn't want to leave.

58b0d55e7debb44077f31903fdf2e3f0.jpgf560c6b9950f86ed7268f1d76276331d.jpg18c8376a9cc006962e7589e1a77f89cc.jpg83b74af9ae6750c7dc2709d8c386f3bb.jpg7aace32b9e7af6d91f514c26432b4b7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Extang Solid Fold 2 for a 2005 Chevy Colorado 6' box. It fits incredibly well. The taper isn't exact, but it is probably 1/4" difference and with it centered I won't modify it. I love it. I have a Comanche specific topper as well and I enjoy the look and function of this better. Finding them online can be a challenge. The guy I bought mine from used it for 6 months and put it in the garage when he bought a topper. He helped me put it on my truck and said it fit exactly like his Colorado did.

24 minutes ago, knever3 said:

Extang Solid Fold 2 for a 2005 Chevy Colorado 6' box. It fits incredibly well. The taper isn't exact, but it is probably 1/4" difference and with it centered I won't modify it. I love it. I have a Comanche specific topper as well and I enjoy the look and function of this better. Finding them online can be a challenge. The guy I bought mine from used it for 6 months and put it in the garage when he bought a topper. He helped me put it on my truck and said it fit exactly like his Colorado did.

It looks like it fits really well.  I am just starting to look into options and really like the downey but dig the idea of the hard cover.  Its like installing a big work table on the truck.  lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...