This thing on?

Automan2164

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should I orchestrate another LKQ trip? What say the townsfolk?

:dunno:

Rob L.

Pat and I were talking about this the other night... any days except May 8th and May 16th-28th.

I've got all kinds of projects to do.

The g/f and her family will be here all weekend so I'm busy for sure this weekend.

The next 2-3 weekends though in May are open as of right now. I may need some help on my dash removal to put in my new heater box in the '90. Also still have to swap in the new column into the '88.

Lots of work to do to the '88... its not going to roll down the road for a while. I won't lie, I've really been slacking on my large scale maintenance and its starting to show:

1. Replace cracked exhaust manifold

2. Replace motor mounts and trans mount

3. Replace steering column

4. Rotate tires (Ball joints are going bad in the axle thats in there, the big time rebuilt axle/locker might get expedited a bit now...)

5. Scrub down floorboards and repaint (rust has shown its ugly face once again)

6. If I get to it this summer, swap in my new trans and clutch setup.

And thats just what I would like to do to the '88 this summer. The '90 is a whole 'nother story...

So, if you all wanted to scoot up here for a Saturday to help me with the column swap or heater box swap, that would be fine with me. I've got my grille over here now and I'm more than happy to fire it up. Burgers and beer go good with wrenching...

We'll have to kind of play it by ear weather wise, since I don't have a garage anymore, I don't work in the rain...

Another LKQ run would be great too!

• 2 weeks later...

The entire dash and heater box came out of the '90 last weekend and I'll be putting it back in this weekend. Anyone that wants to swing up/over is more than welcome to come and stupervise the process.

I'll also be moving most of my Jeep junk next door to my future rental house, I've got all month to move the stuff I have so this probably won't be that big on the priority list.

Just thought I would throw this out there if anyone needs something to do this weekend...

The entire dash and heater box came out of the '90 last weekend and I'll be putting it back in this weekend. Anyone that wants to swing up/over is more than welcome to come and stupervise the process.

I'll also be moving most of my Jeep junk next door to my future rental house, I've got all month to move the stuff I have so this probably won't be that big on the priority list.

Just thought I would throw this out there if anyone needs something to do this weekend...

More importantly... does the rental house.. have a rental garage???

More importantly... does the rental house.. have a rental garage???

...Nope. Got lots more space inside though and I'll be needing that for when the G/F finishes school up back in MI and moves over here in August.

I've got access to a garage though if I need it, Landlord has a full off shop here on the property that I can use if I need to. I just don't like to push my luck if I can make it by without needing it, you know what I mean...

Joe, you gotta get that Jeep legal!

Joe, you gotta get that Jeep legal!

Far as I know, it just needs a fusible link, new rear brake lines, left tail light and working left brake light. Oh, and I know I need tires too, don't know how much longer the slicks will last. :nuts: Which means, either have to rob Baby of her shoes, or fork out cash for tires. :ack:

• 1 month later...
bonfire and stripathon at my house?

:banana:

:needpics:

This weekend shoots anything for me, I'm dog-sitting for the neighbors... I guess we might be able to work something out if it were just a 1/2 day trip though...

Sunday.. might work for me... It depends on what the wife and kids insist on doing for father's day. Saturday we have a scout fishing outing, so my day would be shot until afternoon.

I think the tentative plans are I will be there at 8 am, finish up Pat's blue cherokee, take it to the yard, then get the 2 door that I sold him stripped and ready to go. Probably going to be an all day thing. Come anytime.

Rob L.