This thing on?

Automan2164

:headpop:

soapbox.gif Hughesnet.

I've been without internet for a few days, and it might be a few more before I get it again. The other day we had a power outage, then it clicked back on for a few seconds, then back off and it was off for about 6 hours.

Apparentely, the modem is "dead". You can log into it, for diagnostics and whatnot, it has a signal strength with a send and receive signals, it can talk to the satellite, it's just decommissioned. Well the lovely provider tells us we need a new modem, that the old one isn't warrantied anymore, and we need to give the $125. I think it's crap. The modem is fine, just needs to be told again that it can connect and give us internet.

We're scouting around for another satellite provider, since dialup, DSL, and cable are not available where we're at. Unfortunately the modem was plugged into a power strip and not a surge protector, so we can't get the strip manufacturer to pay for it.

They have also had the worst customer service you can imagine. When we initially called them, the idiot on the line had Jo do all this crap on her computer, boot into safe mode, etc., because the service could not be the problem. Well, we're not retarded, we know it's the modem, so they said an actual tech support person would call us within 48 hours. 48 hours? That might have been acceptable tech support in the 80s, but not now. Well, they didn't call, so we called them again, and they started spouting crap about outages, which had started that morning. We'd already been out internet for 2 days. They wouldn't believe that our problem was unrelated, so they again promised to call back, which they of course didn't.

We call them back again, demand to talk to a manager, which didn't do any good. They ran us through the books again, finally determining that hey-holy soapbox.gif , there's a problem with the modem. But because it isn't warrantied, they need to send us a new one, and we need to pay them for it. We ask when they'll get to it, and they don't know.

Yesterday they call us and tell us they'll be out on Wed. We're not pleased.

Never, ever, get Hughesnet. Service is expensive, unreliable, slow, and the customer service is the worst I have EVER seen.

/rant

God I miss Charter.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soapbox.gif Hughesnet.

God I miss Charter.

:hateputers: rtft.gif

:peek: That Sucks Correy, no wonder you have been away for so long, we were wondering where you were...

So I had something really really really amazing happen to me today and I gotta share it.

I wanted to pull the drivers side rear fender flare off of the '90 so I could paint the lower body up and get everything ready for the upcoming salt season. The truck came from Florida way back when so I thought that there might just be a chance for me to get the flare off without breaking the stud strips. I took the tire off and put my 10 mm wrench on one of them and expecting it to break right off I gave it a gentle turn. It spun. :eek: So did every other one. They had some rust in the threads but after about 2 hours of slowly working them all back and forth in the process of taking them off and dousing them in PB every 5 minutes I got the whole flare off and didn't break a single one of them. A once in a lifetime thing, I stood back and I was literally in awe once I got it done. :wrench:

We'll see how the passengers side is sometime this week hopefully. Already sprayed 'em down with PB to soak.

7518_549349312477_6603948_32365102_6020394_n.jpg

7518_549349307487_6603948_32365101_4034304_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whats a better way to sell your bronco than show it in water up to the door handles?

http://rockford.craigslist.org/cto/1427022259.html

Maybe that's why it won't sell. :roll:

And Wade, I hope this isn't you with the misspelled comanche(e).

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/1408305318.html

Rob L.

• 4 weeks later...

Been gone up to da great nort for Tanksgiving, eh. Now I'm back down in Madtown...

Correy, I got your driveshaft while I was up there and I should be able to get over to your place and try it out sometime next weekend if not sometime throughout this week.

Yes, I'm down in Missouri for awhile. I honestly have no idea when I'll be back... I'll(just me) be back at some point in Dec for 2 or 3 days to load up crap and drive my 4.0 down after my dad brings me my 2.5.

Things have been fairly rough lately and I just haven't felt like being on much. You guys have been and enormous help, and I cannot thank you enough. Especially Brent, who's been doing more than I could possibly hope for, and once this is all said and done, I'll make it up to all of you.

My time in WI, being so limited, is not gonna be fun. Doesn't help that my mom thinks I can just "stay and extra day or two to do the motor swap in my brother's XJ", even though I'm getting mixed results as to whether or not a 91 4.0 will be bolt-in to a 98 control system.

Ok,

Some news from my little corner of Wisconsin. I've acquired a '96 Dana 30 that I'll be ripping down and BUILDING UP for the front of the '88. Plans are to rip it down, sandblast (its pretty clean already) and start from there. The basic laundry list goes as follows:

- OX Locker - Geared at 4.10

- Superior Axle aftermarket shafts

- JCR Offroad 1-ton Steering (I haven't decided OTK or UTK)

- Frozen Rotors slotted brake rotors with Friction Master ceramic pads

- All bearings, seals, ball joints, etc.(probably go with Timken/Moog)

I'll also be doing some suspension work to remove the spacers I currently have up front. I'll probably go with some 5.5" RE coils to replace the 3.5" RE ones I have. Also looking at limit straps, sway bar possibilities and reservoir shocks... This will be the biggest project the truck has ever seen and since its going to be built out of the truck and swapped in over a weekend I've got all the time in the world to play with it to get it done just how I want it. The rear won't be so nice. I'm planning another OX back there with matching 4.10 gears but that will have to be done in the truck. :)

I'm also planning a trip over to see Pat (and maybe Wade?) next weekend and stopping by Correy's to throw my old slip-yoked driveshaft in his '91 on the way...

Then comes Chrismas = back to lower Michigan for 2 weeks.

Thats whats new here. What are you guys doing to keep busy?

I'll be coming from Fitchburg, WI Guessing that I'm going to be bringing I-94 most of the way...

My preference is Saturday if that works out for everyone.

nah, I mean in michigan where are you from? I have a chance on getting some '99 dash parts from grand rapids area...but if I could pay some cash to a friend who was driving along the way and it wasn't too far out of the way...that would be the cat's @$$.

I'm originally from about an hour directly north of Grand Rapids and I'll be rolling through Grand Rapids on the 24th to go home and then again on the 2nd to come back to WI... we can figure things out this weekend. I'm not really liking the idea of making room for a dash in the back of my truck as it is right now though, I'll more than likely be bringing things of my own back with me.