And so we fall futher into the deep dark hole of addiction.

Pete M

I came close to that a couple of times. But I couldn't pull the trigger completely sight unseen. But I only own three Jeeps right now. So I'm not completely addicted.. or at least I keep telling myself.

:clapping: Rob L.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came close to that a couple of times. But I couldn't pull the trigger completely sight unseen. But I only own three Jeeps right now. So I'm not completely addicted.. or at least I keep telling myself.

<<<<< This guy has a few more jeeps for ya if you feel a little empty in the jeep dept...

:clapping: Rob L.

I tried convincing the wife I needed your Scrambler everytime I saw it on CL. But I haven't gotten a ordinance ticket at all this year... I'm trying to keep it that way.

But I'm on my way to look at a ZJ tomorrow. Bad engine... but supposedly good enough to get it on the trailer.

Yawn all ya want, if this one runs and drives and has a floor, it's leaps and bounds ahead of my other MJs and I'm not about to tear it apart until another one is up and running. :D

Plus it's not mine just yet. I don't believe in jinxes, but I do believe in not counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been stymied at the last minute before. Phase 2 is complete though, as in the check reached my mom in GA today. Left a message for the guy that the money is ready. Will call again in the morning to try and get a hold of him to set up a delivery day.

Can't find them in the brochures. Maybe they were added by the dealership in order to spruce up a plain jane truck. :dunno:

I'm going to be bummed if I find it was a repaint at one point in time. :fs1:

I saw VERY similar stripes on a MJ the local Sears store used to own. That one had the only liftgate I have ever seen on an MJ.

Sorry no pics.. didn't have a Digi back then.

Yeah, those are dealership add-ons Pete. I also have dealership stripes (actually more like the Nike swoosh) on my 91 base model. I had a file on the various body side stripes offered by the dealer from Madison Square Chrysler Jeep in Huntsville, AL (belly-up now), but lost them when my hard drive crashed. :fs1: Backing up now! But I do distinctly remember those modified Pioneer deco stripes as on your's. And yes, I know:

:needpics:

The guy never showed up and I couldn't get a hold of him on the phone. grrrr..... :fs1: I guess there's a ton of legitimate excuses when you're trying to haul an old truck 30 miles so I'm not freaking out just yet.. I'll be trying the phone again this afternoon.

Nope. But this isn't exactly out of the ordinary. I usually get him 1 out of every 5 tries. I get the feeling that he's just an older guy that doesn't have his cell phone permanently attached to his hip like myself. :D

I usually get him 1 out of every 5 tries. I get the feeling that he's just an older guy that doesn't have his cell phone permanently attached to his hip like myself.

ya, my old man is the same way...and chances are he doesn't know how to check his missed calls either.

I know what you guys mean... Only my pop ALWAYS has his cell with him... but he is deaf as a stump and doesn't hear the thing ring but 10% of the time!! :shake: To make this even more humorous, if he calls you and gets your message. His message is always the same... " I don't understand why people have cell phones if they don't answer them". LOL LOL :rotf: :rotf:

Hopefully you have it Pete and your out massaging it right now!! :brows: :D

CW

All I have is a bunch of questions. :fs1: Worse comes to worst, I'll be in town Saturday and will be dropping by for a visit. If he changed his mind or sold the truck out from under me, that's fine and that's his prerogative, but I at least deserve to hear him say that.

All I have is a bunch of questions. :fs1: Worse comes to worst, I'll be in town Saturday and will be dropping by for a visit. If he changed his mind or sold the truck out from under me, that's fine and that's his prerogative, but I at least deserve to hear him say that.

:agree:

Will do. :thumbsup: I'll PM you all the info I have so you'll be up to speed. I've got the address he gave me for the check, and a different address I got when I looked up his name in the whitepages (don't know for sure if he is the Sr or the Jr). I'll be in GA on Saturday, but only for the day since we're essentially just driving through. I'll be back in GA probably Tuesday or Weds. I noticed that the cell number is also used in a couple other CL ads for someone named Rick, so maybe it's not Nate's phone. Maybe his sons? I sent a text message with my name, Nate's name and that I'm trying to reach him about the MJ so maybe if it's not Nate's phone, then that guy will know why my number keeps popping up on his phone. :D

Ive had the same problems with trying to buy truck parts on craigslist. These guys post an ad with their phone number, and when you call them, they act like you are bothering them, and barely know what you are talking about until they realize what youre talking about, and then its I havent pulled it out of the woods, or I have to bring it from another town when you want to see what it is they are selling. Stupid people!

I hope this all works out for ya! I know what its like being in Michigan and drooling over a rust free classic vehicle. Not that I ever had any till I moved to North Carolina. :brows:

Well, the good news is that the truck is still mine for the buying. :D Apparently he's been swamped with work and that's why he couldn't deliver it last week. I didn't ask why he never called my mom to say he wasn't coming over Sat evening, or why he didn't ever call me to tell me what was up, but I guess if the truck still gets here someday I don't much care. :shake: