And so we fall futher into the deep dark hole of addiction.

Pete M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm about to give up all hope. Last Friday I finally talked with him he gave me an address and a time to meet him after work that day. I could not find the place for anything (had a GPS with me) and left a couple messages saying so. I've not been able to talk with him since. I've got no idea if he's ignoring me, lost his phone or what, but I've got like 2300 minutes available this month and I'm going to keep calling every day until he either picks up or I get a message saying the phone has been disconnected. sigh.... :(

Yesterday the message said that the phone had been disconnected. Today it's back in service apparently :hmm: and I left a new message.

Man, what a saga. This guy sounds like a real turkey who's word means nothing; not an uncommon thing down here I've found. :roll: I spotted a black 89 2WD 4.0 auto this morning sitting in a yard, but nobody home when I knocked. A neighbor said it runs great though. The body is great on this guy, it's a SWB. I'll cruise by next Monday and post it up if I find out anything.

• 2 months later...

Well, at least I now know what happened to the truck. found it on CL today. new owner fixed what was supposed to be wrong with the rear axle and surprise, surprise, it's still broken. :shake: regardless of this, the price has mysteriously jumped up a bit, but it doesn't matter since I've got no money. Oh well.

Well Pete, maybe it's a blessing you didn't get this one. It cost you nothing except a boatload of aggravation, right? I've been seeing more and more MJs around here in fields, in old farmhouse garages, etc. that all have great bodies but obviously have not been running for years. All 2WD though. Prolly can pick them up for scrap prices.....

I almost feel sorry enough for you to sell you my rust free 86 parts truck..... ALMOST. It is basically a shell right now, and the bed is in rough shape due to dents, but I think it will be my next project after I'm done palying with my 87. Maybr a bed bob... that will take care of half the dented sheetmetal, and maybe prerunner style 2wd lifted. I hope you find something good when the time comes, you deserve that much for just providing us with this wonderful forum. Good luck Pete!

thanks, but I've already got myself a rust-free empty shell or glorious possibilities. :D I was looking at this one as a simple-fix-runner (and yes, swapping out the rear axle counts as an "easy" fix to me). Tis a glorious time for anyone looking to collect clean project MJs (and has money).