Truck bed tie-downs

bigalpha

My MJ only has the metal loops down inside the bed to use as tie-downs. At some point, there were rails on the top of the bed, as evident by the dozens of holes that are there.

What have you done in regards to bed rails/tie downs?

kinda hillbilly-ish, but I'm using large eyebolts with fender washers at each corner on top of the bedrails. Cheap, yes.....attractive, no. But I do use my MJ as the truck it was built to be sometimes, and nothing about it is attractive anyway :D

Jeff

edit: not the best pic, but this is what I'm talking about.

Image Not Found

I'm not exactly sure how that roof rack idea works, since I don't have one. Can you explain to a retard?

Essentially, just screw the roof rack rails into the top inside of the bed and slide the main supports for the cross bars into them. By doing so, it gives you a tie-down location that is at the top of the bed, and can be adjusted to fit the current hauling needs.

EDIT: The cross bar support can be seen in Geonovast's first pic.

That is a great idea. I will also be stealing that one. Just need to trim my bed liner so that it is under rail instead of over rail.

Why not leave the bed liner over rail, and screw the XJ runners over the top of the bed liner. into the top inside of the bed :hmm: