Hello, my name is Steve, and I've got a problem...

FitchVA

...that's how these things go...right? :rotfl2:

well i've been lurking for a week or so and i thought it'd be a good time to make it official. some of yall might recognize my user ID from many of the other message boards i'm a part of. well as of a week ago, i have reason to join this fine board.

i picked up an 89 MJ. as it turns out, one of the members here had looked at it and posted about it. he passed up on it though. she does need some work, but i've been fortunate that in these trying financial times, i've been able to retain my job so i have some money to play with.

here's my "stable"

The Good

'98 XJ/2" home brew bb/'06 moabs/~30x9.50s

IMG_9715.jpg

The Bad

'98/way too many things to list

IMG_0480.jpg

The Fugly

'89 MJ/stock

IMG_0960.jpg

right now, the white 98 xj is my dd'er and trip vehicle. but i only have a 1.6 mile commute to work. i've been wanting to pick up a "beater" of sorts that i can put the short/hard miles on and save the xj that's in great condition.

i'll start another thread in the projects section specific to the MJ that'll have some more pics and my plans for it. :cheers:

Hi Steve... Welcome to the Club... :cheers:

Nice herd you have there. I will definitley be interested in watching what you do with the MJ :thumbsup:

Hello, my name is Steve, and I've got a problem...
OH...and that should be "I'm a Jeepoholic" ;)

Your subject line sounds like a parody on AA. The big difference here is the help is not to "solve" your problem but to help you get in deeper and celebrate it.

CC is kind of like it's very own 12 step program... Steps to insanity, long hours working on 20 year old trucks and ultimately negative impact...

Welcome to CC!

Looks like you have a nice place to work on all of your "Thoroughbreds" :thumbsup:

yup, i'm very lucky in that regard. i worked out of a 3rd floor apartment for too darn long. then this small house came up for sale from a friend. and it happened to have the shop in the back yard. it's a little larger than a 2 car garage. but it's got some height :yes:

IMG_0242.jpg

I thought for sure when you said you had a problem you were going say you were ghey..

Those are some sweet rigs you got there man.. You have any build specs on the "bad" xj??

Welcome to CC to bad your not going to build the truck to be a monster like that xj...

welcome Fitch :cheers:

You guys gotta see what this dude can do with a bunch of relays :yes:

you and Hornbrod can start your own electrical sub-forum here.....

Jeff

:yes: i'm more than willing to help with any questions with aftermarket wiring. i've yet to need to tackle any OEM wiring repair though.

The man with the famous, and trademarked, relay-box. welcome to the club.

lol, yup. that's me. i'm still pretty embarrassed about the relay box. that was my first big wiring project. i kinda stuffed everything together and when i got it working, just left it. it's a rat's next in that relay box. i've started on rebuilding it, but stopped to move (that was over a year ago) but haven't gotten back around to finishing it.

my wiring, well, it's come a long way.

my first project:

PICT6632.jpg

my last wiring project:

IMG_1113.jpg

that's not the relay box, it's for my switch box:

IMG_1118.jpg

but you can tell my neatness has improved :thumbsup:

and on a side note, there's a funny (well at least funny to me) story about the "fitchbox". i can't remember who posted it in NAXJA, but when i saw a thread's title with that in it, i figured, great, the Fitch fuel catalyst people came up with something new. so i didn't even read the thread until it hit 2 pages long :doh: that's when i found out someone was posting pics of theirs

I thought for sure when you said you had a problem you were going say you were ghey..

Those are some sweet rigs you got there man.. You have any build specs on the "bad" xj??

Welcome to CC to bad your not going to build the truck to be a monster like that xj...

i'll give you the hi-level stuff...

• [*:2kkfnwaa]RE 4.5" super flex lift
    [*:2kkfnwaa]that lift is getting the treks y-link upgrade
    [*:2kkfnwaa]ruff stuff frame stiffeners
    [*:2kkfnwaa]ford 8.8/full detroit/alloy shafts/spidertrax spacers/4.56 gears/ruff stuff diff cover
    [*:2kkfnwaa]d30/lockrite/alloy shafts/warn hub conversion/ctm ujoints/4.56 gears/ruff stuff diff cover
    [*:2kkfnwaa]bfg 35x12.50 km2's

Roanoke, VA to be exact :yes:

so i'm still in the heart of hokie territory! :banana:

Cool, straight shot down 81 from me then, <90 mins.

:rant: ...yeah...but who do you root for? ;)

My screen name says it all! :brows:

:doh: oh noes!

:thumbsup:

Welcome to the club Steve, you have some great work there.

I love the contrast between the white one and the blue one...best of both sides of the XJ spectrum...clean and unobtrusive v. extreme and noticable.

thank ya both :cheers:

the non-white one is actually green. the picture's color is just off.