You GOTTA see this!!!!

CWLONGSHOT

I used to autocross, back in my pony car days. Season runner-up in class two years, state champion in class third year. That video was fun to watch, but if anyone were to actually drive like that at an event, if they weren't disqualified for being a hazard they'd be laughed right off the course. It's no different than drag racing -- if your tires are making smoke, you're not going anywhere and the name of the game is still to get around the course in the minumum time possible.

For that type of competition, smoking of the tires is required. :D Hard to do the donuts without it. Guess they got bored with regular racing and decided to hotdog. :clapping:

I'm not sure what kind of competition it is. The video title said "gymkana," which is pretty much the same as Autocross. The driving in the video, though, was more like drifting.

What you saw was his practice runs for the competition (shot to be made into a video). From what I can tell, gymkana is all a bunch of complicated turns and drifts around obstacles. Sort of like a freestyle event combined with a race. Check out this vid of an actual competition run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHgjFPhhzY8

• 4 months later...

Wouldn't want one of those cars. It's always out of control, can't keep it in a straight line. There must be something wrong with the brakes. Must be locked up with all the wheel spinning.

Maybe if he slowed down he would have so much trouble. He also needs to make some decisions on where he wants to go. Perhaps pulling over and thinking instead of just driving around in circles.