the Offical what did you get for Christmas thread

HKB3

Dude, i thought it would be funny. Fag.

Try to keep that in check there. That jazz is pretty much unnessary.

Well I pulled out with:

-$40 GC @ future shop

-a cool mug set with oak in bed serving tray

-Rediciously expensive hot chocalate (was appearently like $30 for about 350g)

-stratch ticket

-tons of baked goods and chocalates

-ALL the left overs from the Christmas feast with the fam! I'm talkin cosmic proportions

Try to keep that in check there. That jazz is pretty much unnessary.

Well I pulled out with:

-$40 GC @ future shop

-a cool mug set with oak in bed serving tray

-Rediciously expensive hot chocalate (was appearently like $30 for about 350g)

-scratch ticket

-tons of baked goods and chocalates

-ALL the left overs from the Christmas feast with the fam! I'm talkin cosmic proportions

Man... crap... I knew I was forgetting something in the kids stockings.....:(

I was going to get them a few of the NC one's oh well always next year...

aren't gift cards just the biggest crock of crap?

I hate those things, just give me cash, it can be spent anywhere.

I have similar feelings... I have a couple for unkown amounts in my wallet. Yay. One of them is for a store that isn't anywhere near where I live. And if I ever did go to either place, I doubt I'd remember I had the card.

What really cracks me up is when I do actually spend them, the cashier always asks me 'Do you want to reload that?'. Yeah, that's exactly what I want to do. I just spent the $50 on it, but hey, it was fun, so lets put another $50 on it so I can start thinking of a reason to come back here...

Oh, I got some stuff. Guess I could talk about that. A couple books, a shirt and socks, and some weights... Maybe some other stuff I forgot about. Anyways, more than I really expected since I didn't want anything that was within a reasonable price range. I'd say the best part about it was I got to see my parents and brother, which I hadn't really counted on given how random my work schedule is.

Three nice shirts from my wife.

A bright yellow "Jeep" hat from my brother (awesome!!).

A Dewalt 5" random orbital sander from my folks .... no excuse to not paint the MJ now :yes:

Ratcheting wrench set from my father-in-law.

And a whole lot of fune watching my 1 year old daughter tear open gifts and play with all her new toys.

Oh, and Motion Offroad sent me a free winter hat .... just cause I'm a "good customer". Thanks Motion!!! Thats some serious customer service right there .... you'll be getting more orders in the future!!

I made out OK. I won a set of tires at the Wounded Warrior Run in Hot Springs, and had them delivered on Tuesday. My son works at a shop and mounted them up for me on Wednesday. Got a front and a rear Solid diff cover, and a set of Johnny Joints for my control arms. I also got the week off to spend with the wife and kids.

:eek:

Wow! My wife, Monica finds that statement very amusing...

Does your wife (if you are even married) support your accusations of my alleged sexual preferences? Will your "blowjob" queen vouch for your own sexual preferences or are you just one to attack others?

V/R

Paul

okay, so I got...

a SWEET bowler cap thinger (now I need a pipe, mustache, and monocle ;))

a wicked cool light sweater (everyone dreads these, but this one is actually pretty cool)

a new wire cutter and crimper (a nice one not a cheapo)

a new wire strippers (nice not cheap)

a pretty heavy duty wire light tester

C-3PO bobblehead (I'm a star wars nut)

$125 in cash

then my dad, bro, and I all pitched in and bought a bunch of 1/2" barb fittings and associated 90's and mounts to plumb the shop with air (using 1/2" 200PSI tube), a new bench grinder with magnifying glass to see the bits we're sharpening, some new lights and such as well as some extension cords. we also are buying a new 3 or 4 ton aluminum jack when we find one.

it's a decent christmas...not a ton of money spent, but everything was pretty cool. only just today I realized I forgot to ask for a new wallet :doh: (mine broke in half today...)

Time with the family.

a rhubarb pie :yes: :clapping: :banana: :jump:

And NO........I didn't forget about the Rhubarb, just out of season when you asked for it, and after going to 4 places, I gave up..........but come spring, I'll make it up to you, and you'll have some for next year :thumbsup:

Sears gift cards......ye who dies with the most tools wins. :shake:

$500 cash to go towards my moneypit. :banana: I really am having a hard time not investing it....however...I am taking suggestions on what I should foolishly spend this money on. Here is where I have currently...give or take.

when I was cutting up the hood

I need some type of fender flares, and I am not a super hardcore off road person, so I was looking into rustys 6" fiberglass fender replacements. I want a new winch bumper(and a winch) and other random things, so I am trying to decided what this chunk of money is going to go towards. It needs to go to something within the limit. But expensive enough that I would not go out every day and drop this kind of money on. And don't tell me to invest it, I am married I can get that at home. :fool:

Since I am a Lutheran pastor, I had the joy of telling others that when Comanches and every thing else in this fallen world is no more, God the Son taking on Himself human flesh to provide for us what we cannot provide to God - perfect obedience - means having what will make having the greatest of any vehicle, a jeep, not even a thought, for eternal life because of the forgiveness of sin he gained means all else is finally nothing.

Yet, in the things that are what I enjoy in this life, I loved hearing from my daughter who lives in Kansas City and was able to be with her sister (our oldest daughter) and our Son-in-Law, in the Omaha area, and our very loved 10 and 7 year old grand children, which we could not be with because of the way Christmas and Sunday's fell, that they thoroughly enjoyed celebrating the Birth of Christ Jesus by opening the gifts we sent and others gave, and that they were very thankful.

I also rejoice in how this birth of Jesus means that our 10 year old grand daughter was able to talk to her close friend in our congregation, who is also 10, but is soon to have brain surgery because of a tumor, within the great promise this means because of their baptism.

So, what did I get for Christmas?

What God was giving in the birth of Christ; nothing I deserved, but by His grace I have it.

Sears gift cards......ye who dies with the most tools wins. :shake:

$500 cash to go towards my moneypit. :banana: I really am having a hard time not investing it....however...I am taking suggestions on what I should foolishly spend this money on. Here is where I have currently...give or take.

I would buy some Bushwacker flares, or you could wait and use the money to pay for the inevitable traffic ticket for the lack of flares/flaps.