Earl*t's 89 Eliminator

Exterior bed paint completed, interior prepped for Line-X which will be one of the last issues addresed. I've got an idea for a subtle modification to add to the truck's uniqueness. Like alot of y'all, I want to do a few things to personalize the manche while keeping it looking like it could have been close to factory.

I never imagined that a new piece would need so much work, but I'm glad my buddy is meticulous.

The unused holes were welded and paintable end caps were purchased, both were color matched and painted to achieve a monochromatic appearance.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you my friend. You can see why my projects are getting stretched out. I've been very lucky to find nice solid trucks. My wife is very understanding but says I have an affliction. :ack: She recently ask me, "How many Comanches does a man need?" My reply, "Apparently three!" :rotf: 

Earl keep the updates comming on this one please. Mine is in the paint shop (has been since before Thanksgiving) your color is so close... I am fantasizing that mine is in the same shape and will be comming home soon. Is the induction hood the one made by and no longer available from reflexion? btw my family pulled up stakes and left Maryland in 1972 we re-located to Colorado. I was 15 at the time. We lived in On the beltway around DC. Lanham, Laurel and Upper Marlboro respectivly. My old man worked at Goddard Space Flight Center at the time. I often miss the countryside back there, especially in the fall. did lots of hiking (boy scouts) back then.....

I really enjoy seeing your trucks.

Yes, the hood is a "Reflexxion". Wish I had bought three, if I'd only known. I'm not sure of the color code, but it is dover grey metallic. I am very partial to the color before clear coat. I'm planning on the same color on project Guilty Pleasure with matte clear. I'm at the western side of the state in the Appalachians, just a couple hours south of Pittsburgh. Backpacking and hiking are high on my list of priorities. Back to the truck. The interior was getting a makeover as well.
I didn't want the oversized Eliminator on the bedside but wanted to retain a subtle presence. Seats seemed like a good location. Also had the headliner and visors covered as well as the door and rear panels. These are my wheels of choice, AEV 17s.

Is the bolt pattern on those AEV wheels the 5x4.5 or 5x5? Ive been looking for AEV wheels that would fit my TJ, but only found the JK ones, luckily I got an awesome deal on some AEV Bridgers locally, but I would still like to be able to find them if I decide to put a pair on my MJ or other TJ

Exterior bed paint completed, interior preped for Line-X which will be one of the last issues addresed. I've got a idea for a subtle modification to add to the trucks uniqueness. Like alot of y'all, I want to do a few things to personalize the manche while keeping it looking like it could have been close to factory.

Is this the makings of an FSJ styled hood I see? :eek:

By the way, great looking truck! Very sharp indeed! :cheers:

check my build page "the building of bucky" to check my AEV wheels of choice. Your seats look awesome.

yeah if you had bought three hoods I would be trying to talk you out of one of them...........

X2 on the hood i want one bad.

Great buid, quality work

Forgive my ignorance. What is an FSJ style hood?

No worries; FSJ = Full Size Jeep (J10, Cherokee, Wagoneer, etc)

If you look at the hood on the J10 below, you can see why yours reminds me of it somewhat. The middle section is raised more than the sides and has a slope down to round into the layout.

800px-Jeep_J-10_pick-up_blue_f_md.jpg